VCA sweet or DBTY?

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
What would you prefer/think would be the best long term investment...
Yellow gold mop butterfly sweet bracelet or a DBTY, doesn't have to be branded but of decent size.... I do have a Tiffany gift credit if you think it should be branded.

Or should both be ignored and instead should a small frivole pendant or single rose gold Alhambra the the way to go? Or should I have considered the sweet butterfly necklace? Thanks!

Wow, so many to consider. IMHO, the best investment will be the one that is worn the most. Since these things are all pretty expensive, I would try them all on, and buy the one that you love the most.

I'd vote for a non branded solitaire of good quality in a nice bezel set from a local jeweler that you have a good relationship with who has a good upgrade policy. I have the Cartier dldc in "large" and it is one of my most versatile necklaces solo or layered...but I am always wondering when DSS (diamond shrinkage syndrome) will hit. Makes me wish Id done just that- gone non branded with a good upgrade policy. Just got a sweet butterfly in turquoise and love how it pops. Would recommend trying on the other pieces you mentioned because gold and rose gold tends to "blend in" and almost disappear on some skin tones. Eg on me the MOP sweet and rose gold Alhambra were underwhelming. Also personally I prefer necklaces because they can also be wrapped around into a bracelet for the days when that works better. Just my $0.02.

Try them all on and buy what you will wear the most.

I'd probably go with the DBTY or sweet rose alhambra if it's about daily wear. I have the turq butterfly sweet bracelet, but I seem to reach for my sweet rose alhambra more often. Butterfly is more whimsical, while the alhambra is more classic.

I've tried them all on at various times minus the frivole necklace- but I've tried on the earrings.

Mop looks nice against my skin tone and the rose gold really pops as well. I'm olive so yellow gold and rose gold both look great. Only Tiffany rose gold blends in on me but VCA is nice and coppery. If I go the jeweler route for the DBTY, would would you do then? Sweet butterfly bracelet/necklace or single motif or frivole? I would wear whatever I would buy all the time

Try them all on and buy what you will wear the most.

I'd probably go with the DBTY or sweet rose alhambra if it's about daily wear. I have the turq butterfly sweet bracelet, but I seem to reach for my sweet rose alhambra more often. Butterfly is more whimsical, while the alhambra is more classic.

They have rose gold sweets?!??! Is this new??

I think they are all excellent choices you can't go wrong. I have a platinum dbty necklace and the butterfly sweet necklace and bracelet. I don't have a dbty bracelet I am only just now getting into dainty bracelets after being inspired by seeing pics on here. Out of all of the pieces my favorite is the dbty necklace but I am really loving the sweet butterfly necklace. I love the way the mop looks against the skin and think the shape is so adorable.

I think they are all excellent choices you can't go wrong. I have a platinum dbty necklace and the butterfly sweet necklace and bracelet. I don't have a dbty bracelet I am only just now getting into dainty bracelets after being inspired by seeing pics on here. Out of all of the pieces my favorite is the dbty necklace but I am really loving the sweet butterfly necklace. I love the way the mop looks against the skin and think the shape is so adorable.

You've seen how my sweet bracelet looks but here is the necklace in case it helps. When I was looking for pics of vca sweet butterfly necklaces I could only find a couple in the mop when searching for modeling pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 3,428
So I personally went for a dbty styled necklace and then layered a sweet butterfly in turquoise about a year later...I am not a big bracelet person because I tend to catch them on things. I love the way the two necklaces layer but will say that the turquoise is a bit more care/ maintenance than I'd anticipated and in a re-do I'd consider the single motif because its so distinctive.

Hi LVoeletters. I will say the VCA. I am bias because I just bought mine and want to build a collection but I don't think you will go wrong with VCA. I used to love tiffany but everyone wears it now and you won't get anything back if ever you decide to sell it. I would prefer cartier DLDC than the DBTY. The bezel set would not poke you and the chain is more sturdy. Hope this helps and good luck on your decision.

Last edited:
I was torn between a three diamond rose gold DBTY bracelet or the rose gold Cartier baby love bracelet, and I chose the baby love.

I still have the three diamond rose gold DBTY bracelet on my wish list though. I think it will layer nicely (I prefer more delicate styles since I am petite), and it really is a classic design.

The VCA designs are beautiful, but I don't really think they can be dressed up like the more simple Tiffany designs. That's just my opinion. I do think they are awesome every day pieces though. A multi-diamond DBTY necklace can really be a wardrobe staple!