VCA ring and/or earrings - to get or not to get?..

Ylesiya

Apr 29, 2020
I am honestly very stuck so really need some advice on what to do... I would appreciate some guidance and/or a chat about my concerns!
I am torn between a few options with regards to my next purchase or maybe not:

1) Vintage Alhambra WG pave ring. Pre-owned but it is basically new (owner bought Oct 2020), no doubts about authenticity, and a very pleasant discount: basically I would pay about 2/3 or the retail price for a mint condition ring.
Pros: my size, nice buy, rare find, great discount, potentially lots of joy enjoying the sparkle if any
Cons: I don't have anything matching in WG from VCA or anything to wear it with although this ring is nice on its own. Another point: I am scared to be disappointed if it does not feel like it's worth the money in the end.

2) Sweet Alhambra earrings in 18K WG + MOP + Tiger eye butterfly. Also pre-owned, new condition (uworn), great price (2/3 of retail, also no doubts about authenticity of course!).
Pros: these would probably look nice with my 10 motif MOP and I do not currently own any VCA earrings (just sold off my WG MOP Sweet Alhambras). So kinda interested to give it a try. Also, I enjoy dangling earrings.
Con: I may not like them and I may feel butterflies are too childish/not my style, God know what else.

3) Not to do anything as I just bought myself Magic Guilloche for my still upcoming birthday and a 10 motif MOP is also quite a recent purchase, so... Wallet is complaining.

So I am really torn apart :sad:

Sounds like you are having FOMO about the deal price of these two items. In my opinion, a deal is only a deal if it’s something that I would happily march into the store and purchase at full price. Then saving a few bucks is a great sweetener. Even 2/3 VCA retail is too expensive for an item that I don’t truly love.

#3 without a doubt! Enjoy your beautiful new additions! With jewelry I always like to space it out and ponder over my decisions For a long time. Even a tiny bit of doubt means I am not ready for the piece. I drive my girlfriends nuts mulling over my decisions :giggle:.. trust me the longer time you take, the more sure you will be about what to buy and will experience less heartache about making the wrong decisions.

I am honestly very stuck so really need some advice on what to do... I would appreciate some guidance and/or a chat about my concerns!
I am torn between a few options with regards to my next purchase or maybe not:

1) Vintage Alhambra WG pave ring. Pre-owned but it is basically new (owner bought Oct 2020), no doubts about authenticity, and a very pleasant discount: basically I would pay about 2/3 or the retail price for a mint condition ring.
Pros: my size, nice buy, rare find, great discount, potentially lots of joy enjoying the sparkle if any
Cons: I don't have anything matching in WG from VCA or anything to wear it with although this ring is nice on its own. Another point: I am scared to be disappointed if it does not feel like it's worth the money in the end.

2) Sweet Alhambra earrings in 18K WG + MOP + Tiger eye butterfly. Also pre-owned, new condition (uworn), great price (2/3 of retail, also no doubts about authenticity of course!).
Pros: these would probably look nice with my 10 motif MOP and I do not currently own any VCA earrings (just sold off my WG MOP Sweet Alhambras). So kinda interested to give it a try. Also, I enjoy dangling earrings.
Con: I may not like them and I may feel butterflies are too childish/not my style, God know what else.

3) Not to do anything as I just bought myself Magic Guilloche for my still upcoming birthday and a 10 motif MOP is also quite a recent purchase, so... Wallet is complaining.

So I am really torn apart :sad:

Reactions: Ylesiya
Thank you everyone. I am kind of delighted to see how everyone is advising for option 3!
I know what you mean dear ladies... When I saw a magic Guilloche in the store, I immediately thought that I can't let this beauty go. It was such a firm decision and I am super happy I've got it.
I haven't tried neither ring nor earrings in the store but I am going to go there today to collect my items after lengthening so this is what I think I should do! I'll try to take pics and get back here again :smile:

I went to the VCA store yesterday. Items are collected!!
Really loving my necklaces which are nicer and longer now :smile:))
Few outcomes:
1) they did not have Lucky Alhambra earrings for me to try. However, I tried similar 2 motif ones and I thought they really look good! Attaching some pics. I wanted to try similar just MOP earrings but guess what - they did not have them as well. Very well stocked boutique apparently. I was surprised that earrings felt heavy - anyone can feedback how are they for a daily wear?
2) tried WB pave VA ring - although they did not have my size, only tiny one (about 46 or 48?..). Thanks everyone for the advice - I was not impressed. I just don't know why - it did not feel worth the money.
3) tried Guilloche ring again - I really really do have mixed feelings about it. Attaching some pics in case anyone has any opinion... It definitely feels quite solid. It shines as well - just by itself - very pretty. I fell in love with the guilloche MA immediately and I really love the bracelet! And I can't understand what I feel about the ring - I can't say I don't like it but I can't say I am charmed as well! Although it would go really nice with the bracelet or necklace. What do you think?..
4) Finally they had guilloche bracelet - the only one in the country :smile: Beautiful, amazing, shining!!!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-11-03 at 10.27.43 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-03 at 10.27.43 AM (1).jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 82
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-03 at 10.27.43 AM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-03 at 10.27.43 AM (2).jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 88
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-03 at 10.27.43 AM (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-03 at 10.27.43 AM (3).jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 93
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-03 at 10.27.43 AM (4).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-03 at 10.27.43 AM (4).jpeg