VCA ring and/or earrings - to get or not to get?..

Ylesiya

Apr 29, 2020
I am honestly very stuck so really need some advice on what to do... I would appreciate some guidance and/or a chat about my concerns!
I am torn between a few options with regards to my next purchase or maybe not:

1) Vintage Alhambra WG pave ring. Pre-owned but it is basically new (owner bought Oct 2020), no doubts about authenticity, and a very pleasant discount: basically I would pay about 2/3 or the retail price for a mint condition ring.
Pros: my size, nice buy, rare find, great discount, potentially lots of joy enjoying the sparkle if any
Cons: I don't have anything matching in WG from VCA or anything to wear it with although this ring is nice on its own. Another point: I am scared to be disappointed if it does not feel like it's worth the money in the end.

2) Sweet Alhambra earrings in 18K WG + MOP + Tiger eye butterfly. Also pre-owned, new condition (uworn), great price (2/3 of retail, also no doubts about authenticity of course!).
Pros: these would probably look nice with my 10 motif MOP and I do not currently own any VCA earrings (just sold off my WG MOP Sweet Alhambras). So kinda interested to give it a try. Also, I enjoy dangling earrings.
Con: I may not like them and I may feel butterflies are too childish/not my style, God know what else.

3) Not to do anything as I just bought myself Magic Guilloche for my still upcoming birthday and a 10 motif MOP is also quite a recent purchase, so... Wallet is complaining.

So I am really torn apart :sad:

nycmamaofone

Jul 26, 2013
Honestly I think you should do #3 and not get anything. Let your money tree grow back and enjoy what you have. If not, the ring sounds lovely and something you can wear often. I personally am not a fan of sweet earrings and you don’t seem 100% sold on them or the butterfly design.

acrowcounted

Uh oh...
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
Sounds like you are having FOMO about the deal price of these two items. In my opinion, a deal is only a deal if it’s something that I would happily march into the store and purchase at full price. Then saving a few bucks is a great sweetener. Even 2/3 VCA retail is too expensive for an item that I don’t truly love.

Apr 9, 2015
#3 without a doubt! Enjoy your beautiful new additions! With jewelry I always like to space it out and ponder over my decisions For a long time. Even a tiny bit of doubt means I am not ready for the piece. I drive my girlfriends nuts mulling over my decisions :giggle:.. trust me the longer time you take, the more sure you will be about what to buy and will experience less heartache about making the wrong decisions.

I am honestly very stuck so really need some advice on what to do... I would appreciate some guidance and/or a chat about my concerns!
I am torn between a few options with regards to my next purchase or maybe not:

1) Vintage Alhambra WG pave ring. Pre-owned but it is basically new (owner bought Oct 2020), no doubts about authenticity, and a very pleasant discount: basically I would pay about 2/3 or the retail price for a mint condition ring.
Pros: my size, nice buy, rare find, great discount, potentially lots of joy enjoying the sparkle if any
Cons: I don't have anything matching in WG from VCA or anything to wear it with although this ring is nice on its own. Another point: I am scared to be disappointed if it does not feel like it's worth the money in the end.

2) Sweet Alhambra earrings in 18K WG + MOP + Tiger eye butterfly. Also pre-owned, new condition (uworn), great price (2/3 of retail, also no doubts about authenticity of course!).
Pros: these would probably look nice with my 10 motif MOP and I do not currently own any VCA earrings (just sold off my WG MOP Sweet Alhambras). So kinda interested to give it a try. Also, I enjoy dangling earrings.
Con: I may not like them and I may feel butterflies are too childish/not my style, God know what else.

3) Not to do anything as I just bought myself Magic Guilloche for my still upcoming birthday and a 10 motif MOP is also quite a recent purchase, so... Wallet is complaining.

So I am really torn apart :sad:

Reactions: Ylesiya

Ylesiya

Apr 29, 2020
Thank you everyone. I am kind of delighted to see how everyone is advising for option 3!
I know what you mean dear ladies... When I saw a magic Guilloche in the store, I immediately thought that I can't let this beauty go. It was such a firm decision and I am super happy I've got it.
I haven't tried neither ring nor earrings in the store but I am going to go there today to collect my items after lengthening so this is what I think I should do! I'll try to take pics and get back here again :smile:

Ylesiya

Apr 29, 2020
I went to the VCA store yesterday. Items are collected!!
Really loving my necklaces which are nicer and longer now :smile:))
Few outcomes:
1) they did not have Lucky Alhambra earrings for me to try. However, I tried similar 2 motif ones and I thought they really look good! Attaching some pics. I wanted to try similar just MOP earrings but guess what - they did not have them as well. Very well stocked boutique apparently. I was surprised that earrings felt heavy - anyone can feedback how are they for a daily wear?
2) tried WB pave VA ring - although they did not have my size, only tiny one (about 46 or 48?..). Thanks everyone for the advice - I was not impressed. I just don't know why - it did not feel worth the money.
3) tried Guilloche ring again - I really really do have mixed feelings about it. Attaching some pics in case anyone has any opinion... It definitely feels quite solid. It shines as well - just by itself - very pretty. I fell in love with the guilloche MA immediately and I really love the bracelet! And I can't understand what I feel about the ring - I can't say I don't like it but I can't say I am charmed as well! Although it would go really nice with the bracelet or necklace. What do you think?..
4) Finally they had guilloche bracelet - the only one in the country :smile: Beautiful, amazing, shining!!!

Attachments

*emma*

O.G.
Dec 16, 2007
Connecticut
I have the 2 motif drop in mop, and I can wear them all day with no discomfort. My SA gave me the plastic discs that make the earrings sit better and with more comfort. I have the 3 motif drop and usually wear those just 4-6 hours (evenings out).