VCA - Please help me choose

Alexa_nina

Dec 20, 2019
Hi lovely ladies, I am counting on your good graces to help me pick my VCA Birthday Present. I currently own only VA earrings in onyx. But I am also someone who does not really like matching sets, so from Alhambra line I would only consider bracelets or rings

Current options are:
1) Frivole small earrings (they are hard to get so may need to wait,but I don’t mind waiting if needed
2) Alhambra 5 motif bracelet in Guilloché
3) Alhambra 5 motif bracelet in Blue Agate

I am torn because I already have earrings from VCA and wanted a different piece, but fell in love with Frivole. And I feel like I could wear them a lot!
from the bracelets, my heart sings to Guilloche - but I am told it will scratch! I do love blue agate but feel like it’s extremely dressy even more so than guilloche - but doesn’t go as well with all my other jewerly (for example I have yellow topaz earrings and prob would not mix yellow and blue), so I feel like it’s a bit less practical.

im attaching some pics - would love to know what you think!!! Thanks a lot in advance ❤

58D31F33-70FE-4791-A051-B19AE72A0AFE.jpeg

EE1AC158-22D7-46A5-B62F-876204C70818.jpeg

3C178405-5241-41AD-8D35-AAEB84A07FC5.jpeg

Hi lovely ladies, I am counting on your good graces to help me pick my VCA Birthday Present. I currently own only VA earrings in onyx. But I am also someone who does not really like matching sets, so from Alhambra line I would only consider bracelets or rings

Current options are:
1) Frivole small earrings (they are hard to get so may need to wait,but I don’t mind waiting if needed
2) Alhambra 5 motif bracelet in Guilloché
3) Alhambra 5 motif bracelet in Blue Agate

I am torn because I already have earrings from VCA and wanted a different piece, but fell in love with Frivole. And I feel like I could wear them a lot!
from the bracelets, my heart sings to Guilloche - but I am told it will scratch! I do love blue agate but feel like it’s extremely dressy even more so than guilloche - but doesn’t go as well with all my other jewerly (for example I have yellow topaz earrings and prob would not mix yellow and blue), so I feel like it’s a bit less practical.

im attaching some pics - would love to know what you think!!! Thanks a lot in advance ❤

View attachment 5403486

View attachment 5403487

View attachment 5403490
You love the Frivole, buy them :smile:

I really like the frivole on you the most! Just remember with the non-pave earrings that they will scratch so keep them separately in your jewelry box and store them in a way where they do not touch each other.
All three are stunning though and none would be bad choices. I dont own guilloche so I cannot say this with total confidence but I feel like it wouldn’t scratch unless you are very rough with it or wear it in a stack.
I have the blue agate bracelet and while I dont wear it as frequently as my others, it is so strikingly beautiful!
You could always look at the 5 motif frivole bracelet, it is a bit over the price range of the others youre deciding on but it is literally over the top stunning.

I really like the frivole on you the most! Just remember with the non-pave earrings that they will scratch so keep them separately in your jewelry box and store them in a way where they do not touch each other.
All three are stunning though and none would be bad choices. I dont own guilloche so I cannot say this with total confidence but I feel like it wouldn’t scratch unless you are very rough with it or wear it in a stack.
I have the blue agate bracelet and while I dont wear it as frequently as my others, it is so strikingly beautiful!
You could always look at the 5 motif frivole bracelet, it is a bit over the price range of the others youre deciding on but it is literally over the top stunning.
Thanks so much Kelsenia for a super detailed answer. Frivole did feel really good in my ear, and I also wear earrings the most of all other jewerly. Good point about Guilloché, it’s quite prominent and shiny so I wasn’t planning on stacking. SA did say that if you scratch it - it will loose the shine a bit, but I think i don’t mind so much…I agree with you Bleu Agate is a stunner too but I would imagine a bit harder to match as blue is quite bright! I will have a look at Frivole 5 motif too, thank you. So hard to choose!!!

• Love
Reactions: kelsenia
Thanks so much Kelsenia for a super detailed answer. Frivole did feel really good in my ear, and I also wear earrings the most of all other jewerly. Good point about Guilloché, it’s quite prominent and shiny so I wasn’t planning on stacking. SA did say that if you scratch it - it will loose the shine a bit, but I think i don’t mind so much…I agree with you Bleu Agate is a stunner too but I would imagine a bit harder to match as blue is quite bright! I will have a look at Frivole 5 motif too, thank you. So hard to choose!!!
I attached a photo of it on because it is true that you only see a few flowers at a time, but I really do love it.

Sometimes it’s helpful to go back to the store and see what really makes your heart sing. If you’re not too far, I would recommend going back and trying the pieces on again!
I also like @willwork4fashion’s suggestion of a pendant….
always too many choices :lol:

Attachments

• 13D9D889-7D40-4EEF-9CA8-D378D894C5E6.jpeg
    13D9D889-7D40-4EEF-9CA8-D378D894C5E6.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 74
I know these two pieces are not on your radar, but with your VA Onyx earrings the guilloche or frivole pendant would look amazing! Then you aren’t making a duplicate earrings purchase, plus, do you don’t have to worry about how fragile the guilloche is when worn this way. Otherwise, I like the guilloche 5 the best of your three choices.
Thanks so much for useful suggestions! Need to go check out the pieces you mentioned!:smile: Do you think Guilloche pendant with Onyx earrings will not look too matchy-matchy? I suppose they are quite different since one is dark stone and the other - bright gold! Deffo need to try on.