VCA Pave Earrings

Nov 11, 2018
I am working on my VCA wish list and am debating between the VCA pave Vintage Alhambra earrings and the pave Perlee stud earrings. I don’t see many posts or photos of the pave Perlee earrings, so I am hoping to get some opinions and hopefully mod shots of them. I like the fact that they are stud earrings and are a bit more understated than the Alhambra. Has anyone else debated between these two pairs of earrings or perhaps own both?

I have the turquoise perlee earrings and the VA pave white gold earrings. I will just say that I chose the VA pave because they are so very iconic (and I think will hold their value better). They also have greater diamond weight. I love the new Perlee line in earrings and pendants (particularly the Perlee Couleurs), but if I were choosing one pave pair, I'd choose the VA just because they will look great with any other Alhambra pieces, as well as the reasons I mentioned above. You really can't go wrong with either one, though.

I have the turquoise perlee earrings and the VA pave white gold earrings. I will just say that I chose the VA pave because they are so very iconic (and I think will hold their value better). They also have greater diamond weight. I love the new Perlee line in earrings and pendants (particularly the Perlee Couleurs), but if I were choosing one pave pair, I'd choose the VA just because they will look great with any other Alhambra pieces, as well as the reasons I mentioned above. You really can't go wrong with either one, though.
Thank you! Yes that is a good point about retaining value, I didn’t really think about that factor. Maybe I’ll just have to add both to the wishlist - probably one in rose gold and the other in white gold :P

Reactions: DS2006
I am working on my VCA wish list and am debating between the VCA pave Vintage Alhambra earrings and the pave Perlee stud earrings. I don’t see many posts or photos of the pave Perlee earrings, so I am hoping to get some opinions and hopefully mod shots of them. I like the fact that they are stud earrings and are a bit more understated than the Alhambra. Has anyone else debated between these two pairs of earrings or perhaps own both?
I highly recommend the vintage pave earrings. I have them in YG and love them. They are so elegant and versatile. I am actually planning to get them in WG vintage and YG Magic size down the line.
Regarding the perlee pave, they disppear in my long hair and so I passed on them. I also think I prefer diamond solitaire studs to perlee pave.

I love my WG vintage pave. I want to wear them all the time. I am planning to add a pair in RG. With regard to the perlee earrings, I would rather put a halo around my studs to give them a little more presence. However, they are both beautiful and I would go with what moves you. Good luck!

Thank you all for your input! I think I have successfully been disabused of the idea of buying the pave Perlee :P

A related question - does anyone have multiple pave earrings in the same metal? For instance, I have the limited pink gold pave Frivole earrings on reserve, but I still want to add the Vintage Alhambra pave earrings in rose gold down the line. I don’t want either pair in yellow gold, and my white gold “slot” is reserved for the small lotus earrings (some day in the distant future). However, I feel that having two rose gold pave sets is superfluous. Hopefully someone can fully convince me of that!

Thank you all for your input! I think I have successfully been disabused of the idea of buying the pave Perlee :P

A related question - does anyone have multiple pave earrings in the same metal? For instance, I have the limited pink gold pave Frivole earrings on reserve, but I still want to add the Vintage Alhambra pave earrings in rose gold down the line. I don’t want either pair in yellow gold, and my white gold “slot” is reserved for the small lotus earrings (some day in the distant future). However, I feel that having two rose gold pave sets is superfluous. Hopefully someone can fully convince me of that!
I am guilty of owning 2 pave earrings in YG- VA(vintage alhambra) and Frivole. To me they are very different- VA is understated and elegant whereas Frivole is blingy and playful.

Below is my Van Cleef earring collection. My all time favorite are the white gold pave Frivole. I would say a close second are my YG Vintage Alhambra. I really love them all but the pair I find I can wear for everyday the best are the Socrate earstuds & the Frivole hoops. View attachment 4749973

Fabulous earring collection! Do you find you wear the large or small gold Frivole pair more? I can't understand why in the world they don't continuually sell Perlee hoops. They'd sell so many of those!!!

Last edited:
Fabulous earring collection! Do you find you wear the large or small gold Frivole pair more? I can't understand why in the world they don't continuually sell Perlee hoops. They'd sell so many of those!!!

Thank you DS2006~I wear the small Frivole more than the large ones. However I love the large Frivole just as much.