VCA Pave Earrings

Below is my Van Cleef earring collection. My all time favorite are the white gold pave Frivole. I would say a close second are my YG Vintage Alhambra. I really love them all but the pair I find I can wear for everyday the best are the Socrate earstuds & the Frivole hoops. View attachment 4749973
Thank you for sharing! The Socrate earstuds are not ones you see often! Have you considered buying the pave Frivole in yellow gold or the pave VA in white gold as well? That is the debate I’m having - I love both the limited pave Frivole earrings in rose gold but also would love to add the pave VA in rose gold some day as well.

Reactions: kimber418
I have the YG peeled pave and I love them for daily wear. They are understated- which I like. I don’t have a vintage Alhambra pave but I have the magic size. I think from price perspective the VA is more “worth it” for the iconic design. For me I wouldn’t be able to wear them for daily wear so from a cost-per-wear perspective the perlee pave was a very justified purchase.

I have the YG peeled pave and I love them for daily wear. They are understated- which I like. I don’t have a vintage Alhambra pave but I have the magic size. I think from price perspective the VA is more “worth it” for the iconic design. For me I wouldn’t be able to wear them for daily wear so from a cost-per-wear perspective the perlee pave was a very justified purchase.
Thank you! This makes sense - I think VA would work for me for everyday wear, so is probably the better investment.

I am late to this discussion since you already decided against them, but I love the pave perlee studs. They are so much more beautiful in person than I could have imagined and the side is perfect, however I agree that they are way less iconic and 99.999999% of people would never know they are VCA.
Seeing Kimber’s photos also reminds me how much I love the onyx holiday earrings. I wish so often that I had purchased them when I had the chance! I have YG with diamond, but I love the contrast of the diamond with onyx!

I had the exact same dilemma and I went with the VA YG pave because of the higher diamond weight and I felt they had more of a wow factor than the Perlee pave. Having said that the Perlee pave is just SO stunning and elegant and perfect for everyday. For my second pair I had a similar dilemma of Frivole vs Perlee and again went for the WG small Frivole pave because they are just perfection! YG Perlee studs are still on my wish list as an every day pair.

I had the exact same dilemma and I went with the VA YG pave because of the higher diamond weight and I felt they had more of a wow factor than the Perlee pave. Having said that the Perlee pave is just SO stunning and elegant and perfect for everyday. For my second pair I had a similar dilemma of Frivole vs Perlee and again went for the WG small Frivole pave because they are just perfection! YG Perlee studs are still on my wish list as an every day pair.
do you prefer your VA or frivole pave?