VCA Pave Earrings

Nov 11, 2018
I am working on my VCA wish list and am debating between the VCA pave Vintage Alhambra earrings and the pave Perlee stud earrings. I don’t see many posts or photos of the pave Perlee earrings, so I am hoping to get some opinions and hopefully mod shots of them. I like the fact that they are stud earrings and are a bit more understated than the Alhambra. Has anyone else debated between these two pairs of earrings or perhaps own both?

DS2006

Sep 27, 2013
I have the turquoise perlee earrings and the VA pave white gold earrings. I will just say that I chose the VA pave because they are so very iconic (and I think will hold their value better). They also have greater diamond weight. I love the new Perlee line in earrings and pendants (particularly the Perlee Couleurs), but if I were choosing one pave pair, I'd choose the VA just because they will look great with any other Alhambra pieces, as well as the reasons I mentioned above. You really can't go wrong with either one, though.

Nov 11, 2018
I have the turquoise perlee earrings and the VA pave white gold earrings. I will just say that I chose the VA pave because they are so very iconic (and I think will hold their value better). They also have greater diamond weight. I love the new Perlee line in earrings and pendants (particularly the Perlee Couleurs), but if I were choosing one pave pair, I'd choose the VA just because they will look great with any other Alhambra pieces, as well as the reasons I mentioned above. You really can't go wrong with either one, though.
Thank you! Yes that is a good point about retaining value, I didn’t really think about that factor. Maybe I’ll just have to add both to the wishlist - probably one in rose gold and the other in white gold :P

Reactions: DS2006

innerpeace85

Feb 12, 2017
I am working on my VCA wish list and am debating between the VCA pave Vintage Alhambra earrings and the pave Perlee stud earrings. I don’t see many posts or photos of the pave Perlee earrings, so I am hoping to get some opinions and hopefully mod shots of them. I like the fact that they are stud earrings and are a bit more understated than the Alhambra. Has anyone else debated between these two pairs of earrings or perhaps own both?
I highly recommend the vintage pave earrings. I have them in YG and love them. They are so elegant and versatile. I am actually planning to get them in WG vintage and YG Magic size down the line.
Regarding the perlee pave, they disppear in my long hair and so I passed on them. I also think I prefer diamond solitaire studs to perlee pave.

EpiFanatic

VCA bb
O.G.
May 5, 2010
At home
I love my WG vintage pave. I want to wear them all the time. I am planning to add a pair in RG. With regard to the perlee earrings, I would rather put a halo around my studs to give them a little more presence. However, they are both beautiful and I would go with what moves you. Good luck!

Reactions: DS2006
Nov 11, 2018
Thank you all for your input! I think I have successfully been disabused of the idea of buying the pave Perlee :P

A related question - does anyone have multiple pave earrings in the same metal? For instance, I have the limited pink gold pave Frivole earrings on reserve, but I still want to add the Vintage Alhambra pave earrings in rose gold down the line. I don’t want either pair in yellow gold, and my white gold “slot” is reserved for the small lotus earrings (some day in the distant future). However, I feel that having two rose gold pave sets is superfluous. Hopefully someone can fully convince me of that!

innerpeace85

Feb 12, 2017
Thank you all for your input! I think I have successfully been disabused of the idea of buying the pave Perlee :P

A related question - does anyone have multiple pave earrings in the same metal? For instance, I have the limited pink gold pave Frivole earrings on reserve, but I still want to add the Vintage Alhambra pave earrings in rose gold down the line. I don’t want either pair in yellow gold, and my white gold “slot” is reserved for the small lotus earrings (some day in the distant future). However, I feel that having two rose gold pave sets is superfluous. Hopefully someone can fully convince me of that!
I am guilty of owning 2 pave earrings in YG- VA(vintage alhambra) and Frivole. To me they are very different- VA is understated and elegant whereas Frivole is blingy and playful.

Nov 11, 2018
I am guilty of owning 2 pave earrings in YG- VA(vintage alhambra) and Frivole. To me they are very different- VA is understated and elegant whereas Frivole is blingy and playful.
That’s what I was afraid of :P They are both so pretty, but I wish I could convince myself that one pair is more than sufficient!

DS2006

Sep 27, 2013
Below is my Van Cleef earring collection. My all time favorite are the white gold pave Frivole. I would say a close second are my YG Vintage Alhambra. I really love them all but the pair I find I can wear for everyday the best are the Socrate earstuds & the Frivole hoops. View attachment 4749973
Fabulous earring collection! Do you find you wear the large or small gold Frivole pair more? I can't understand why in the world they don't continuually sell Perlee hoops. They'd sell so many of those!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: lisawhit