VCA MOP or Guilloche Vintage Alhambra Pendant

Moni26

Nov 2, 2019
Hi! Would love to get your opinion on a VCA piece!! I’m slightly tan for an Asian and prefer yellow gold jewelry! I’m debating between the yellow gold mother of pearl vintage Alhambra or the Guilloche vintage Alhambra single motif pendant. Let me know your thoughts on which piece I should go for and which would stand out on my skintone. If you have either, please share mod shots!

I’ve read about both being delicate pieces. MOP not being able to come in contact with water and Guilloche getting scratched easily. I will take off my jewelry before showering and bed time. But I want a piece I can wear frequently with most outfits.

Does anyone have tips on how to clean either necklace? Thanks so much!

Reactions: fdc and hhw
Can't really speak to the color concerns, but Guilloche pendants (or most necklaces, in general) are not nearly as prone to scratches/wear as bracelets and rings are... if that helps your decision making a bit.

Reactions: hhw
Regarding cleaning:

Can't really speak to the color concerns, but Guilloche pendants (or most necklaces, in general) are not nearly as prone to scratches/wear as bracelets and rings are... if that helps your decision making a bit.

Ah thank you for alleviating that concern!! That’s helpful to know guilloche isn’t as delicate as a necklace!! Yes— still undecided on which color (white or gold) would work best for my skin tone!

Either will probably work well with your skin tone. MOP is more glowy as it is white, but subtler than guilloche, which is blingier. Depends on the look you want.

Reactions: hhw
I vote for MOP because you can find the original guilloche design from traditional jewelry shop in Asia, yes, the guilloche laser like design is from the Asian jewelry shop, in the 80s or 90s, they already has this laser-like design so I would get MOP because it is more of VCA original design.