VCA Frivole pendant - 3 flower mini, or 1 flower large, or small with diamonds?

cissy54

Dec 12, 2019
I know 1# and #2 are roughly the same price point, #3 is pretty but a little too much for me. Oddly I rarely see discussions or in-action pictures about them. Love the look on the model but would seek some thoughts...
Should I get one before the rumored price increase? Or save up for the diamond pendant? So torn here...

C8415849-1CD8-4B33-8C77-5DAF7497DE97.png

91DE6EC7-2DE2-4619-BDFC-664710D7F7CB.png

4EF7B84F-4446-4D65-81EC-3ABC54CBE59A.jpeg

Reactions: dotty8
Price points aside, I'm the biggest fan of 3! I don't tend to go for diamond options but this one is lovely and would go with anything imo. I feel like option 1 is a little more 'young' while option 2 could be worn very elegantly by someone older... (I know, I know, people say wear what you want at any age, which is true! But if I were to delegate ages to these options, that's what I would say)

Price points aside, I'm the biggest fan of 3! I don't tend to go for diamond options but this one is lovely and would go with anything imo. I feel like option 1 is a little more 'young' while option 2 could be worn very elegantly by someone older... (I know, I know, people say wear what you want at any age, which is true! But if I were to delegate ages to these options, that's what I would say)

Thank you so much for weighing in! Thats exactly what I was thinking about — age definitely plays a role in jewelry. My mom is always saying that it takes many years of life experience to wear a big pendant (rather than being worn by the pendant) and I absolutely agree. I feel the three flower necklace is great for now but not sure if it will fit my lifestyle in 5-10 years.

Anyone has mod shots for these pieces? Would love to see them in action!

Thank you so much for weighing in! Thats exactly what I was thinking about — age definitely plays a role in jewelry. My mom is always saying that it takes many years of life experience to wear a big pendant (rather than being worn by the pendant) and I absolutely agree. I feel the three flower necklace is great for now but not sure if it will fit my lifestyle in 5-10 years.

Anyone has mod shots for these pieces? Would love to see them in action!
I have never heard of it being put that way, that's very clever and completely agree ("it takes many years of life experience to wear a big pendant (rather than being worn by the pendant)")! I guess that's why I do think that option 3 of the Frivole pendant is more smack in the middle and could probably be more versatile in that sense. Here is a topic I found with mod shots, I hope it's helpful: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/mini-frivole-mod-shots.1002497/

Reactions: cissy54
So I’ve never tried on 1 or 2, but I have tried on 3 when I was looking to purchase a mini frivole, and I found that the plain mirrored YG mini frivole actually was more eye catching than the diamond version, which didn’t seem to have as much luster. My SA, who is usually brutally honest, said that she didn’t think the mini with pave diamonds was worth sinking the money into, since that could be put toward other pieces in the same price range that make more of a statement.

I have never heard of it being put that way, that's very clever and completely agree ("it takes many years of life experience to wear a big pendant (rather than being worn by the pendant)")! I guess that's why I do think that option 3 of the Frivole pendant is more smack in the middle and could probably be more versatile in that sense. Here is a topic I found with mod shots, I hope it's helpful: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/mini-frivole-mod-shots.1002497/
Thank you! Those pictures are just stunning :smile:

Reactions: Anesthestia
So I’ve never tried on 1 or 2, but I have tried on 3 when I was looking to purchase a mini frivole, and I found that the plain mirrored YG mini frivole actually was more eye catching than the diamond version, which didn’t seem to have as much luster. My SA, who is usually brutally honest, said that she didn’t think the mini with pave diamonds was worth sinking the money into, since that could be put toward other pieces in the same price range that make more of a statement.
Interesting! My SA was saying the opposite, that some of her clients find the surface of the large pendant too smooth, and almost disturbing to a degree. I never tried the large one on personally so it’s hard to imagine. But i agree that the diamond pave should not cost that much and therefore will make a unwise investment...

Interesting! My SA was saying the opposite, that some of her clients find the surface of the large pendant too smooth, and almost disturbing to a degree. I never tried the large one on personally so it’s hard to imagine. But i agree that the diamond pave should not cost that much and therefore will make a unwise investment...
The best thing would be for you to go to a boutique when you’re able and try on for yourself. You may be surprised at your preference, as often happens.

I like jewelry in Frivole design much more without diamonds pave. Flower petals are very beautiful shimmer due to their design.
I have a small pendant for daily wear and in plan to buy a large one like on the second picture.

Reactions: cissy54
Ah that’s probably what my SA was trying to say (“too smooth, almost like a mirror” in her words). Too bad there’s no boutique where I live...:sad:
I’d be more worried about scratches on the mirrored surface for a ring or bracelet, but a necklace is generally out of harms way. I am by no means gentle on my jewelry (work out in, shower with, etc) but I’ve not had a problem with my frivole necklace and I’ve had it for about 9 months now. I just make sure to store it in my lined jewelry box when I’m not wearing.

I’d be more worried about scratches on the mirrored surface for a ring or bracelet, but a necklace is generally out of harms way. I am by no means gentle on my jewelry (work out in, shower with, etc) but I’ve not had a problem with my frivole necklace and I’ve had it for about 9 months now. I just make sure to store it in my lined jewelry box when I’m not wearing.

Fair point! Did you end up getting the plain mini frivole? It’s such an excellent everyday necklace.

Reactions: twinzluvagrl