VCA coffee table books

sugarbabetvxq

Jan 16, 2019
Hey everyone,

Just curious on whether do you ladies get a coffee table book posted to you when you first purchased items from VCA? Or is it a rare circumstance?

What are the general circumstances that you receive a coffee table book from VCA whether by post or from your SAs?

I received a coffee table book from them by post today and was really intrigued and curious about this as I always wanted one and I asked my SA before. I thought maybe I needed to have more purchases with them before I would get gifted one.
A77D3243-E5CD-461E-9A5E-A80573842F95.jpegB8B896C8-D014-4B08-8A91-4DDF61E42A2A.jpeg7A223D0A-FBE1-4AA9-B7D9-8EDCC55FE1D7.jpeg

Reactions: tenshix
I received this book in the mail yesterday too! It was completely out of the blue. I received the Alhambra book on my last visit, and then I had a conversation with the store director about how I loved reading about the history of Alhambra, so I thought maybe he just remembered so sent this to me. I’m curious to see if others got it too.

I’m in Canada. Where are you located?

Reactions: sugarbabetvxq
I received this book in the mail yesterday too! It was completely out of the blue. I received the Alhambra book on my last visit, and then I had a conversation with the store director about how I loved reading about the history of Alhambra, so I thought maybe he just remembered so sent this to me. I’m curious to see if others got it too.

I’m in Canada. Where are you located?

I am located in Sydney, Australia. Also, I only had my first purchase from them last month so I was really shocked and happy to receive one from them this time! :biggrin::love: I did tell my SA that I am really interested in growing my VCA collection and wanting to understand more about their history. But no idea who sent me this:lol::rolleyes: haha

I received it as well a few weeks ago by post. I live in the Netherlands (not even a store in this country haha, I always go to Paris if I am buying something). But I believe it was sent by my SA from which I purchased only one thing online. Not my SA in Paris... But I am very happy to received it!! it is nice :amuse:

Reactions: sugarbabetvxq
These are called 'unexpected gifts' or 'random acts of kindness' or similar.

The marketing dept has a set amount of budget every year, and maybe some left over add-ons/stock and sends things out to customers that are loyal or who they hope will be loyal in the future. Your SA will have noted you down as someone who is interested in the brand's inventory, heritage etc. People who are more into status or the latest 'x' may have been sent something different that befits their profile.

Congratulations, the book(s) look absolutely beautiful.

These are called 'unexpected gifts' or 'random acts of kindness' or similar.

The marketing dept has a set amount of budget every year, and maybe some left over add-ons/stock and sends things out to customers that are loyal or who they hope will be loyal in the future. Your SA will have noted you down as someone who is interested in the brand's inventory, heritage etc. People who are more into status or the latest 'x' may have been sent something different that befits their profile.

Congratulations, the book(s) look absolutely beautiful.
This is such a smart marketing tactic. I had planned on my VCA necklace being my only VCA purchase but now I want more. It’s so refreshing to see brand do these things because it costs them not a lot (in comparison to the prices of their items) but it shows the customer that the brand really cares. They are the only luxury brand that has done this for me even though I only bought the one item from them so far. I’ve spent far more money with Chanel but they don’t seem to care as much.

This is such a smart marketing tactic. I had planned on my VCA necklace being my only VCA purchase but now I want more. It’s so refreshing to see brand do these things because it costs them not a lot (in comparison to the prices of their items) but it shows the customer that the brand really cares. They are the only luxury brand that has done this for me even though I only bought the one item from them so far. I’ve spent far more money with Chanel but they don’t seem to care as much.

It's super-smart. Who else sends us such lovely and thoughtful gifts but good friends and family? Hence, we start to think of them like family and become loyal. It makes a big difference, we all want to feel special :yes:.

Perhaps Chanel have enough custom, possibly they're just too big to keep-up. I've never bought any Chanel fine jewellery although I love their Comète (shooting star) line.

I know Boodles, Asprey, Hermes, Gucci and some other companies do this too. You get nominated through your SA and then approved by the SM. If you think that the average luxury jewellery spend per item in the UK is approx £11K/($14.5K) in-store, it makes total financial sense to build loyalty and cherish the clients you already have.

I say why not us? We spend a LOT of money with these companies. Forget influencers and celebs, let them spend their own money, and usually with these companies they have to. It's nice for us to get a gift once in a while and for no reason. I wish DH did it too :biggrin:

It's super-smart. Who else sends us such lovely and thoughtful gifts but good friends and family? Hence, we start to think of them like family and become loyal. It makes a big difference, we all want to feel special :yes:.

Perhaps Chanel have enough custom, possibly they're just too big to keep-up. I've never bought any Chanel fine jewellery although I love their Comète (shooting star) line.

I know Boodles, Asprey, Hermes, Gucci and some other companies do this too. You get nominated through your SA and then approved by the SM. If you think that the average luxury jewellery spend per item in the UK is approx £11K/($14.5K) in-store, it makes total financial sense to build loyalty and cherish the clients you already have.

I say why not us? We spend a LOT of money with these companies. Forget influencers and celebs, let them spend their own money, and usually with these companies they have to. It's nice for us to get a gift once in a while and for no reason. I wish DH did it too :biggrin:
Oh totally!! When I got the book in the mail, my husband was like what’s that? Who sent that? And I was laughing. He should be happy that I’m getting these gifts so I’m not whining about how he doesn’t get me surprise gifts hahah.

And I totally agree with you on this. Their items are expensive and the fact that if we really appreciate their pieces and looking to build on the collection with them, I really feel appreciated when I get sent coffee table books. It's what I truly appreciate from the brand as I love their history. I am truly thankful to my SA here for actually noting me to receive one.

I understand that people get sent different things based on their loyalty to the brand so far and based on their spending, but the fact that the brand shows appreciation to their different groups of customer base by sending different things still makes us feel appreciated. :love::love::lol: I believe that I will be loyal to VCA brand for the many years to come since I am only in my early 30s :lol:

I just don't appreciate the fact that certain brands who quoted before saying, oh you only have to be a VIP to receive something, and to have spent a certain $$$ amount to receive anything at all, ie. chinese new year red packets or something. That irks me off and I literally stopped purchasing from that brand. You would imagine a customer service representative saying that. I don't know how they maintain customer retention if you say that to your customers.

WOW!
He purchased my first VCA item earlier this year and was told to come back for the gift- but the stores closed soon after due to Covid. I don't know if it's weird to ask for it so many months later. My hubby also lost the SA contact. I love coffee table books and would love to have this! Congrats on the beautiful gift ladies!

• Sad
Reactions: papertiger
I also received this book in mail last week. I guess they send these books to new customers?

I appreciate the lovely gesture from VCA. I’m impressed with the book, the presentation and content.

Reactions: papertiger