VCA butterfly ring

cupcake34

Jun 26, 2012
Hi ladies,

does anyone own this ring or have seen it in person?

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/ww/en/product/3461/Two Butterfly Between the Finger Ring

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/ww/en/product/2618/Two Butterfly Between the Finger Ring

I'd be interested to know how large each butterfly is. And also, I've heard that these rings can't be resized - do they have to fit very snug on your finger?

Would like to hear your opinions! :smile:

I don't own this ring- but have tried it on in the yellow diamond version- LOVED it!!!!! This was last Fall and at the time the SA told me it would be coming out in pink sapphires for Spring, so since I am more of a pink girl I decided to wait. The ring is gorgeous- you will love it!! I am having to wait as I'm having my pink diamond set right now, so no extra funds for me.

I don't own this ring- but have tried it on in the yellow diamond version- LOVED it!!!!! This was last Fall and at the time the SA told me it would be coming out in pink sapphires for Spring, so since I am more of a pink girl I decided to wait. The ring is gorgeous- you will love it!! I am having to wait as I'm having my pink diamond set right now, so no extra funds for me.

Can you tell me how big this ring is? Is it very "flashy"?

I tried on this ring in the store and have a picture of it on my size 5 ring finger. Sorry I don't have the dimensions though

Attachments

• image-319433434.jpg
    image-319433434.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 1,600
Oh wow, gorgeous!!! Do you think it is suitable for everyday wear?

What I don't like is that the ring can't be resized... does it have to fit very snug so as not to fall off?

Here's mine, the butterfly motif is approximately 1/2 inch. To answer your other question, I've worn mine every day for 3 years with no issues.

Attachments

• image-2142523018.jpg
    image-2142523018.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 1,326
I wondered how comfortable it would be just from looking at the pictures, but when I tried it on it is a very comfortable ring- and I'm pretty picky about how rings feel. Hopefully Bethc will chime in since she's had hers awhile. I also don't remember it feeling really tight. It is a pretty showy ring, so I would think it may depend on lifestyle and where you live if you wanted to wear it all the time. With that said- I am having my pink diamond set into a diamond pave floral ring- so it's equally as sparkly (or maybe even more so-haha) and I plan on wearing my ring all the time!!

I wondered how comfortable it would be just from looking at the pictures, but when I tried it on it is a very comfortable ring- and I'm pretty picky about how rings feel. Hopefully Bethc will chime in since she's had hers awhile. I also don't remember it feeling really tight. It is a pretty showy ring, so I would think it may depend on lifestyle and where you live if you wanted to wear it all the time. With that said- I am having my pink diamond set into a diamond pave floral ring- so it's equally as sparkly (or maybe even more so-haha) and I plan on wearing my ring all the time!!

Please be sure to post a picture of it once it's ready :smile:

Please be sure to post a picture of it once it's ready :smile:

I will!! The jeweler is working on it now- it is a totally hand forged ring. The early pictures I have are soooo exciting!! Unfortunately, I will not be picking it up until June as we are meeting in Las Vegas when he goes to the JCK show. He's in New Zealand and I'm worried about his shipping it to me (I'm in the US), so he is going to deliver it to me instead. :smile:

jpup said:
I will!! The jeweler is working on it now- it is a totally hand forged ring. The early pictures I have are soooo exciting!! Unfortunately, I will not be picking it up until June as we are meeting in Las Vegas when he goes to the JCK show. He's in New Zealand and I'm worried about his shipping it to me (I'm in the US), so he is going to deliver it to me instead. :smile:

I've been waiting to see your ring!! I thought you were in Australia. Anyway, getting back on topic, I always wondered how comfortable the VCA ring is. So I'm glad this topic came up. In addition, do any ladies who own the ring have a concern that it can't be sized in the future? Do you think your ring size going up will not matter because the ring isn't really a whole circular ring?

I've been waiting to see your ring!! I thought you were in Australia. Anyway, getting back on topic, I always wondered how comfortable the VCA ring is. So I'm glad this topic came up. In addition, do any ladies who own the ring have a concern that it can't be sized in the future? Do you think your ring size going up will not matter because the ring isn't really a whole circular ring?

I think you can get away with a smaller size because it's not completely circular. I squeezed a size 51 finger into a 49 size BTF ring, I just had to put it on sideways and rotate it on. I found it comfortable, but for me not an everyday ring.

Oh wow, gorgeous!!! Do you think it is suitable for everyday wear?

What I don't like is that the ring can't be resized... does it have to fit very snug so as not to fall off?

When I tried it on I prefered it to be more snug due to the weight. I didn't like it rotating too much and hitting the top of my fingers.
If it ever got too big you could have a jewelry put one of those bars at the bottom to make it more snug.

I think you can get away with a smaller size because it's not completely circular. I squeezed a size 51 finger into a 49 size BTF ring, I just had to put it on sideways and rotate it on. I found it comfortable, but for me not an everyday ring.

Oh, that's good to hear. I'm afraid that my ring size changes in the future, and I wouldn't want to spend so much money on a ring I may not fit in forever.

Is it really true that they can adjust the ring a bit, i.e. push the butterflies a bit more apart?

Also, my fingers (size 5) are quite short (ring finger around 2.75 inches; or around 7 cm).
Do you think the ring will look overwhelming on me due to its size?