VCA Butterfly Ring: Dia/pink sapphire vs. Dia/MOP

Pink sapphire or MOP?

• Pink sapphire

• MOP

Results are only viewable after voting.

cupcake34

Jun 26, 2012
Dear ladies,

which butterfly ring do you prefer - the Dia/pink sapphire or the new Dia/MOP?
Has anyone seen the MOP version IRL yet? If so, how does it look like? Is it more/less eye catching than the pink sapphire version?

Also, how durable would MOP be on a ring? After all, it is quite fragile and may require more looking after than diamonds and sapphires.

Dear ladies,

Has anyone seen the MOP version IRL yet? If so, how does it look like? Is it more/less eye catching than the pink sapphire version?

Also, how durable would MOP be on a ring? After all, it is quite fragile and may require more looking after than diamonds and sapphires.

The pink sapphire will be more eye catching. (Yellow and green even more eye catching.) The MOP version is a softer look - I don't know how else to describe it.

I personally feel the MOP is more elegant (as texasgirliegirl has mentioned).

In terms of beauty, the MOP/PG version is the winner for me. PG pave is gorgeous!
In terms of perceived durability, the sapphire version is probably more carefree.

There are some details you may want to note.
The pink butterfly varies in colour. Some butterflies are lighter pink, and some are more saturated pink.
The pink gold tends to show up in between the sapphires. Depending on how fussy you are, this may or may not be a peeve as the pinkness may not appear uniform across each wing from certain angles.

HTH and good luck with your decision-making! :flowers:

Dear ladies,

U have to try the ring on your finger(s) to see what suits u more.

Personally, I like the pink gold / mop version better as it is a softer look.

There's no right choice as it's always with VCA.

I picked up the MOP/Diamond PG this week. I haven't had the time to do a Reveal yet...but I've worn it to work and it's amazing! I have to say that PG is flattering with my skin tone. I'm thrilled to have this ring!

I love pink sapphires too, but my goodness, I can't own (make that afford) 2 of the same style of ring. :giggles:

I picked up the MOP/Diamond PG this week. I haven't had the time to do a Reveal yet...but I've worn it to work and it's amazing! I have to say that PG is flattering with my skin tone. I'm thrilled to have this ring!

I love pink sapphires too, but my goodness, I can't own (make that afford) 2 of the same style of ring. :giggles:

Oh, many congrats! :smile: You must be over the moon with your new ring!

Please do post some pics when you get the chance. How is the contrast between the MOP and the diamond butterfly? Also, do you find the ring to be durable or do you need to be really careful because of the MOP?