Vat Tax Help on Van Cleef

ILoveC

Oct 1, 2011
Hi..I'm trying to understand how the VAT works....If I buy a Van Cleef piece that is listed on the Van Cleef price forum for 5,500 Euros, which equates to $7,160 US dollars, does the 5,500 Euros price already include all french taxes including the VAT? Or is the price on the Van Cleef pricing forum (5,500) before the VAT and other french taxes? I'm trying to understand how much VAT I would get back and therefore my final cost in US dollars. Also, does anyone know how much VAT Van Cleef gives back in Paris?

Hi..I'm trying to understand how the VAT works....If I buy a Van Cleef piece that is listed on the Van Cleef price forum for 5,500 Euros, which equates to $7,160 US dollars, does the 5,500 Euros price already include all french taxes including the VAT? Or is the price on the Van Cleef pricing forum (5,500) before the VAT and other french taxes? I'm trying to understand how much VAT I would get back and therefore my final cost in US dollars. Also, does anyone know how much VAT Van Cleef gives back in Paris?

euro price includes VAT. Normally you will get a refund of roughly 10% -12% back. I think it is better to get a refund back in cash.

Thanks all. I actually called Paris. The price of the item I'm considering is incorrect on the van Cleef price thread. It is 5,900 euros, not 5,500. And it is inclusive of the tax. Thanks.

My SIL is heading to Dubai in a few days from the US. Does anyone know if it is typically cheaper in Dubai vs USA?
Does VCA participate in tax free shipping and will she get the 5% VAT return?
TIA!

I willing be travelling to Portugal and plan to go VCA in Lisbon. I plan to purchase the MOP 10 motif. I have been trying to figure out the duty tax when I get home to the US but there seems to be different rates for jewelry and Pearls. If any of you could share your experience on what you paid I would appreciate it.

I usually just put down the total value of the items on the declaration form and let the custom officer determine how much I need to pay...I never been told to have pay anything at all (even for my Hermes bags or VCA jewelry), or the most I've paid was like $90, much less than what the actual amount should've been. But YMMV...I'm sure other members have the answer for you :smile:

I usually just put down the total value of the items on the declaration form and let the custom officer determine how much I need to pay...I never been told to have pay anything at all (even for my Hermes bags or VCA jewelry), or the most I've paid was like $90, much less than what the actual amount should've been. But YMMV...I'm sure other members have the answer for you :smile:
Thank you! I hope I am as lucky!

Reactions: AnaBeavTheOG