Vaseline

I love to use it on my feet because my skin gets really dry quite often! Its honestly one of the best treatments for my feet! I do a good scrub with a foot smoother to get rid of dry skin, rub some vaseline on, and then put on some cotton socks before bed (helps trap the moisture from the vaseline I think and it also prevents any grease from the vaseline getting on your sheets!) and when I wake up in the morning and remove the socks, my skin is so much better.

I also use it when my lips are really chapped or on my nose when I am sick!

I used to use it as a eye makeup remover.
One time I was in for an eye exam & my eye doctor asked me If I was using vaseline on my eyes. They told me to stop as it was not water soluable & eventually it would cloud my sight & they would have to SCRAP my eyeballs to get it off!!!!
I was sick of the very thin, easy to spill (and not that effective) eye makeup remover I was using and decided to try Vaseline. It works well, doesn't spill and is cheap. I bought the generic brand and then was reading that the name brand is triple purified and better. Now seeing your post, maybe instead of getting the name brand I have to reconsider the whole idea

I had a dermatologist appointment today so I asked her about Vaseline. She said she has no problem with it - either brand name or generic. She gave me a nice little jar that would be good for travel.

Tried it on my perpetually chapped lips and it just makes them extremely slimy for about 30 minutes, then I'm back to burning, dry chapped lips in the summer and cracked and bleeding lips in the winter. I've tried EVERYTHING for my lips and nothing works, so don't suggest alternatives. I have Stage 4 kidney disease so I think it has something to do with that and probably some of my meds I have to take.

I tried it on my feet once with socks at bedtime and woke up with greasy, slimy feet. So gross. NEVER AGAIN.

The only place it does seem to help is when my nose gets raw from blowing it a lot when I have a cold or severe allergies like someone posted earlier.

I use it on the rough spots on my elbows (the outside bend/angle) every night. If you use it consistently they stop being so rough. I once tested it by doing only one elbow and after about two weeks the difference between the two was extremely noticeable.

Tried it on my perpetually chapped lips and it just makes them extremely slimy for about 30 minutes, then I'm back to burning, dry chapped lips in the summer and cracked and bleeding lips in the winter.

I feel like my lips are too sensitive for Vaseline. I also don't like to use it on them. Have you tried the bite beauty agave lip mask? It works wonders.

My mom has taken her eye makeup off with Vaseline for years. She's 52 and doesn't have a wrinkle around her eyes. My Grandmother was 82 the day she died and she had 0 ZERO Z-E-R-O wrinkles because she used Vaseline. I use it on my lips and on my eyes and when I have a dry patch on my face I slap a little Vaseline on it and by morning it's smooth again.

Whoa I never considered using it as a makeup remover! Is it for waterproof makeup or what? After you remove your makeup with it, how do you get it off your skin? Or am I missing something about how this works?

I don't use Vaseline per se, but I do use Bag Balm, which is basically the same (mostly petroleum jelly with a bit of lanolin). I use it on my feet and hands before bed, especially in the winter. Slather it on, then wear socks inside out and cotton gloves my friend got me at a beauty store.

I use lanolin to remove my matte lipsticks, liquid lipsticks, and other long wear lipsticks at the end of the day. It really works. Put some on, rub it over your lips a few times, and wipe it off with toilet paper. Then moisturize your lips like normal for bedtime. I started using it because I had a ton left over after I was done breastfeeding, but I am looking for a lanolin replacement because I don't like that it's made from sheep wool (that kind of weirds me out).

I feel like my lips are too sensitive for Vaseline. I also don't like to use it on them. Have you tried the bite beauty agave lip mask? It works wonders.

Yep. Used up the tube in a week. Believe me when I say I've tried EVERYTHING. A while back I bought like a half dozen different lip balms from Sephora to see if any worked. None did. Even the Jack Black everyone raves about. Honey didn't work either. In fact, honey only lasted about 15 minutes so less than the others. No matter what I put on my lips, within a half hour it's gone and my lips are dry and burning again ... even if it's before I crawl into bed. I looked up symptoms of advanced kidney disease and chapped lips/dry mouth is one.

Tried it on my perpetually chapped lips and it just makes them extremely slimy for about 30 minutes, then I'm back to burning, dry chapped lips in the summer and cracked and bleeding lips in the winter. I've tried EVERYTHING for my lips and nothing works, so don't suggest alternatives. I have Stage 4 kidney disease so I think it has something to do with that and probably some of my meds I have to take.

I tried it on my feet once with socks at bedtime and woke up with greasy, slimy feet. So gross. NEVER AGAIN.

The only place it does seem to help is when my nose gets raw from blowing it a lot when I have a cold or severe allergies like someone posted earlier.

So sorry about your kidneys GeorgiaGirl. DH was in your situation a while back so I just now asked him what he liked on your behalf.

He said most salves worked for a while but nothing lasted for long so he just kept switching.

Avene lip balm was one of the better lip balms.

Good luck pm me if there is anything other info you would like. There are some other creams that worked well for other body parts.

Yep. Used up the tube in a week. Believe me when I say I've tried EVERYTHING. A while back I bought like a half dozen different lip balms from Sephora to see if any worked. None did. Even the Jack Black everyone raves about. Honey didn't work either. In fact, honey only lasted about 15 minutes so less than the others. No matter what I put on my lips, within a half hour it's gone and my lips are dry and burning again ... even if it's before I crawl into bed. I looked up symptoms of advanced kidney disease and chapped lips/dry mouth is one.
The Jack Black one didn't work for me either. I've all but given up on finding something to counteract the dryness and cracking.

Whoa I never considered using it as a makeup remover! Is it for waterproof makeup or what? After you remove your makeup with it, how do you get it off your skin? Or am I missing something about how this works?
I've been using it recently for eye makeup removal. I gently rub a bit on each eye and then gently wipe with cotton. Then I wash my whole face with Cetaphyl cleanser. The Vaseline is doing better at removing my eye makeup than Neutragena makeup remover.

Gave it a try today when I messed up my eye makeup. Put a dab on the end of a qtip and used it to wipe away the bit of mascara that got on my lid. It worked. Thanks for the tip y'all.

So sorry about your kidneys GeorgiaGirl. DH was in your situation a while back so I just now asked him what he liked on your behalf.

He said most salves worked for a while but nothing lasted for long so he just kept switching.

Avene lip balm was one of the better lip balms.

Good luck pm me if there is anything other info you would like. There are some other creams that worked well for other body parts.

Thanks! Does your hubby have CKD, too? I'm not on dialysis yet, but my kidney function rate is 18 percent -- which is just three percentage points from the 15 percent threshold for dialysis. Just trying to keep my blood pressure under strict control to stave it off. Nephrologist said I could go years like this and never need dialysis. I'm almost 49, so I hope he's right.

I use either L'Occitane almond oil or Kiehl's Soy Milk & Whipped Honey Body Butter during the winter for body moisture. During the warm/hot months, I'm more oily because of the humidity here in the Chattanooga area.