Varying Monogram Canvas "Sheen"s on LV bags?

I have noticed this exact thing with my bags. I have noticed this difference between French-made and USA bags. The French ones have had a slightly more structured feel to the canvas and a lighter brown and less vibrant LVS than the USA canvas. The USA canvas is softer and shinier too. This has been consistently true for every French and USA speedy that I've ever had, and I've bought and sold a lot on ebay because as soon as I find a flaw on my bag it has to go! I've had them all authenticated at LV so I know they were all authentic. Now, I actually have one that I bought on ebay to use while mine was being repaired at LV. This one is from 2001 USA and the one that was being repaired was 2007 USA---big difference in the canvas. The 2001 USA canvas was like the French canvas----I believe it's different batches depending on what they are using at the time in different factories. I love how these little differences make our bags unique though!

I have noticed this exact thing with my bags. I have noticed this difference between French-made and USA bags. The French ones have had a slightly more structured feel to the canvas and a lighter brown and less vibrant LVS than the USA canvas. The USA canvas is softer and shinier too. This has been consistently true for every French and USA speedy that I've ever had, and I've bought and sold a lot on ebay because as soon as I find a flaw on my bag it has to go! I've had them all authenticated at LV so I know they were all authentic. Now, I actually have one that I bought on ebay to use while mine was being repaired at LV. This one is from 2001 USA and the one that was being repaired was 2007 USA---big difference in the canvas. The 2001 USA canvas was like the French canvas----I believe it's different batches depending on what they are using at the time in different factories. I love how these little differences make our bags unique though!

I agree with what you are saying here absolutely, I found that to be a flaw and I sold it. It's just not what I was looking for. I ended up getting one made in France and the shiny one was made in USA. But the matted one was also made in USA. The dates are all totally different though too! It's really interesting, it definitely does make them more unique!! The France one I just got in replacement to this matted USA one is definitely right in between the shininess of the matted and shiny... it's perfect, I'm so glad I sold the other one and got a different one because I'm much happier with it.

Hello, I thought I'd add my question... has anyone else noticed or had their eyes pay tricks on you looking at some monogram items and the symbols almost seem like a green hue next to your other items? I know all of my Louis Vuitton items are 100% authentic, I've only bought mine at the lv boutiques or on line. Just a thought. I do have a couple of passed down items that are vintage and I know are authentic. Those may seem to be the ones in question for me with this difference in the symbol color.. any thoughts to add I would appreciate!!

I have been went through 1 Mono Speedy 25, 3 Mono Speedy 30, 2 Tivolis, and other mono bags, they were made in France and USA, in different years, quite few of them are different regarding the shades of canvas. So I would say the look of the canvas shouldn't be the only fact to authentic a bag. And where was the bag made is not the reason why canvas look differently at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dijume09
Hello, I thought I'd add my question... has anyone else noticed or had their eyes pay tricks on you looking at some monogram items and the symbols almost seem like a green hue next to your other items? I know all of my Louis Vuitton items are 100% authentic, I've only bought mine at the lv boutiques or on line. Just a thought. I do have a couple of passed down items that are vintage and I know are authentic. Those may seem to be the ones in question for me with this difference in the symbol color.. any thoughts to add I would appreciate!!
Yes. My Trocodero 25 looks almost green outside in the sun. It's an older piece.