Varina flats

Ok here's an update. I had them stretched but it shrank back. Desperate, I took the back to Ferragamo n lamented how much the patent varinas hurt my feet. The advice I was given blew me away.

She told me to step on the varina, trample on them n knead them rough with my hands to break the tough leather! Well we are Asians in Singapore and we believe that we must 'bite the shoe first before it bites us' :biggrin:

Hilarious and we laughed! She told me to try it! And I did and I'm happy to report that after days of just trampling on the pretty pair especially on the heel part where it is hardest and hurt the most I can now wear them! :smile:

I'm an Asian, too. May I know your shoe size? I'm size 35 in YSL tribute and Tory wondering which size to get for Varina. Torn between 4.5 and 4. TIA!

I'm an Asian, too. May I know your shoe size? I'm size 35 in YSL tribute and Tory wondering which size to get for Varina. Torn between 4.5 and 4. TIA!

Im a true to size 35 in YSL tribute sandals and Valentino rockstuds, and a ferragamo US5 is too big on me (half a size big). I got the non patent Varina in us5 width C, so i would recommend 4.5 width C.

I also have a pair of patent Vara (with a tiny bit of heels) in 4.5 B and while the length is perfect, the width made them excruciating to break in. Hope that helps :smile:

And im Asian too.

When I bought my first pair of varinas I asked for a 9.5 which is my normal size, there was a visible gap at the heel area. SA suggested I try the 9, and it was slightly snug. I knew it would hurt after walking around but the SA said that's how it should fit and it would stretch out. This was in Singapore so all the shoes were in a D width.

I broke them in by wearing them with athletic socks around the house for a few hours over a week. When I finally wore them out they were so comfortable!!

Interestingly, I was able to get a good deal on a silver pair of varinas but in a size 10B. Seller let me try them on before purchasing and they fit as well! SF sizing is so strange! I have yet to try a 9.5C which I suspect will be a perfect fit :P

When I bought my first pair of varinas I asked for a 9.5 which is my normal size, there was a visible gap at the heel area. SA suggested I try the 9, and it was slightly snug. I knew it would hurt after walking around but the SmA said that's how it should fit and it would stretch out. This was in Singapore so all the shoes were in a D width.

I broke them in by wearing them with athletic socks around the house for a few hours over a week. When I finally wore them out they were so comfortable!!

Interestingly, I was able to get a good deal on a silver pair of varinas but in a size 10B. Seller let me try them on before purchasing and they fit as well! SF sizing is so strange! I have yet to try a 9.5C which I suspect will be a perfect fit :P

Yes, the cut (B/C/D) will determines the size one should buy. And you are right, in your case the 9.5C will be a perfect fit. Unfortunately Sg only carries D cut. One point to note, different designs may fit slightly different tho. I go half size down for Vara.