Variety in Nail Salons

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I live in the DC/MD area & I can't for the life of me find salons with a wide range of polish colors. The last 6 I've been to have a few rows of bottles & that's pretty much it lol. I have a decent collection but sometimes I want to try out a new or different shade w/out buying it, yet when I go I see the same colors I already have at home. Anyone else have this issue? Suggestions?

2. my daughter said the same thing too. she ended up bring her own- ie my nail polish- to the salon to do her nails. she had tips put on too. I have not been to a nail salon so I just do my own when I do them. I have a good selection. I have wondered why they don't invest in some interesting polishes or indies

3. I make sure that I have a whole variety of polish selections, but I also don't buy too many funky colors because I don't want them sitting forever on the shelf. So I tell my clients that if they find a color that they absolutely love, to buy it and bring it in. That also makes it easier if they need to touch it up. If they are a good customer, then I just ask them what colors should I get, and I will buy 1 or 2, just to give them a little change. HTH.

4. Mine has a ton of choices, but I take my own in.

5. I live in MD. My nail salon is usually pretty good about getting any of the new colors in like opi, shellac, or china glaze. If I really like a color ill end up buying it and bringing my own but usually can test it out at my salon first.

6. The salon I go to has a huge selection of colors but they are the cheaper brands, many seem like drugstore ones. They think OPI is top of the line. When my sister and I bring our own Chanel polish they act like it is gold. It is just a polish. I also don't want to use polish other people used. Just a germ thing on my part. I bring my own base coat, polish and top coat. My pedicures can last two weeks, three weeks if I am careful.

They do gel nails but only have a tiny selection of Gelish. I was surprised they did not carry Shellac. I have my own Shellac system with about 15 polishes so I do my own gel nails but they are always pushing gel polishes when you go in.

I go to a good nail salon, I think with decent prices. $30-40.00 for a special pedicure. It could be hot stone, deep massage and other things with lots of potions and lotions. It usually lasts a hour so I am happy and feel pampered. Their basic pedicure is only $20.00. The hair salons that offer manicures give you a very limited selection of colors and I have never had my nails done there.

7. The nail salon that I go to uses Essie...every color under the rainbow too

I always bring my own polish just in case I need a touch up during the week I have
    the color available

8. Do you mind sharing where you go?

9. Sorry just seeing this now! Just sent you a pm

10. The nail polish selection is a very difficult way, in many colors and many of nail polishes. My favorite color is open, shellac and china glaze.