Vara Rainbow or Sofia Rainbow

qrin

Nov 17, 2015
Hello! I’m hoping to get some advice regarding the two bags. I’m new to Ferragamo and have never purchased anything from the brand before. Based on the posts here everyone seems generally happy with the quality of the bags.

I honestly can’t decide between Vara Rainbow and the smaller Sofia Rainbow, both ironically in the black color despite the name. I’m just searching for a new day bag and both bags would work (maybe the Sofia would be too formal?) though I know the Vara is significantly smaller. Which would you pick? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Other bags I was considering were the Proenza Schouler PS11 and Marni Trunk, however I’ve read about some negative experiences with the quality of the bags. I am also considering the Bottega Veneta pillow.

Hello! I’m hoping to get some advice regarding the two bags. I’m new to Ferragamo and have never purchased anything from the brand before. Based on the posts here everyone seems generally happy with the quality of the bags.

I honestly can’t decide between Vara Rainbow and the smaller Sofia Rainbow, both ironically in the black color despite the name. I’m just searching for a new day bag and both bags would work (maybe the Sofia would be too formal?) though I know the Vara is significantly smaller. Which would you pick? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Other bags I was considering were the Proenza Schouler PS11 and Marni Trunk, however I’ve read about some negative experiences with the quality of the bags. I am also considering the Bottega Veneta pillow.
Tried the Sofia Rainbow in Mocha recently. Beautiful! In fact been thinking about getting it. Problem is leather very scratch prone so perhaps not best for day bag.

Tried the Sofia Rainbow in Mocha recently. Beautiful! In fact been thinking about getting it. Problem is leather very scratch prone so perhaps not best for day bag.

Ahh thank you for pointing that out! I wasn't even considering that. The Vara is in calfskin too, scratches would probably show on both :<