Vanity PM or Cannes?

I would just go with the bag that you like more, whether that's based on photos or seeing them in person. My advice would be to stop concerncing yourself with resale value. Unless you feel super confident in your fashion/trend skills, it can be hard to determine which pieces will hold their value in the long term. Plus, the vanity pm is a new piece. For all we know, it's going to be permanent and that will affect its value. Most seasonal pieces have the highest resale value within the first 6 months of release.

Furthermore, if resale value is most important to you, you're better off purchasing some Chanel or Hermes styles, and even then it takes about 10 years to get the initial return.

Agreed, agreed, agreed.

I do love that the Vanity has got more add-ons, like the tag and the beautiful chain and at a lower price point. The Cannes seems more plain in comparison. Yeah I'm struggling with loving the Cannes to be honest. I love looking at it and think it's gorgeous, but not sure if I love it on me.

Sounds like you don't really like the Cannes, so you should probably choose the Vanity PM.

So I went to the store today to try on the Vanity pm. It's so much smaller than I expected, even though I have watched a lot of review videos and saw lots of pictures, I was still surprised by its size. Sadly the chain is way too short for me. I tried it on with different straps too and it still sits too high on me. I had to pass on it even though I love how cute and buttery soft it is :sad:

I decided not to pursue the vanity case because I have concerns about the strength of the point of attachment for the cross body strap. If you look at the duffle bag, the point of attachment is reinforced by vachetta. THe vanity does not have that. The Cannes is too stiff against my body for my taste. So I would pass on both.
Interested in your perspective. What exactly do you think it could happen with that attachment? There was a Chanel bucket bag that I had to pass because the piping holding the chain was cracking. It wasn’t designed to hold the chain and the weight of the bag

So I went to the store today to try on the Vanity pm. It's so much smaller than I expected, even though I have watched a lot of review videos and saw lots of pictures, I was still surprised by its size. Sadly the chain is way too short for me. I tried it on with different straps too and it still sits too high on me. I had to pass on it even though I love how cute and buttery soft it is :sad:
What is your height?

I would put an extension chain ( just a plain gold chain) if I want to wear it crossbody, or use another longer adjustable strap. But so far i haven’t done that, as I probably only wear a bag crossbody when I go travel .

I would put an extension chain ( just a plain gold chain) if I want to wear it crossbody, or use another longer adjustable strap. But so far i haven’t done that, as I probably only wear a bag crossbody when I go travel .

I tried it at the store with the pochette metis strap and even at the longest setting, the bag is still a bit too high. I think it's because of its shape. The purse is short, so when it hangs high, the entire bag sits high. As opposed to longer bags where even though the top may sit high, bag would still hang nicely, not sure if I'm making any sense.

I wish I had thought of the chain extensions when I was at the store. I think that would work. The purse has already been passed onto the next client on the list :sad:

Reactions: Shanergirl
I tried it at the store with the pochette metis strap and even at the longest setting, the bag is still a bit too high. I think it's because of its shape. The purse is short, so when it hangs high, the entire bag sits high. As opposed to longer bags where even though the top may sit high, bag would still hang nicely, not sure if I'm making any sense.

I wish I had thought of the chain extensions when I was at the store. I think that would work. The purse has already been passed onto the next client on the list :sad:
It’s ok then, just wait for another bag that catches your eye.
I grabbed the vanity pm because it was in my plan to buy the Nice Mini, when I saw the vanity pm that is similar to Nice mini, but with shoulder strap , mixed with reverse monogram and black leather, I couldn’t waited anymore .

Interested in your perspective. What exactly do you think it could happen with that attachment? There was a Chanel bucket bag that I had to pass because the piping holding the chain was cracking. It wasn’t designed to hold the chain and the weight of the bag
Ok here is the duffle, which I had. See the side the bag where the crossbody strap attaches? It is attached to the vachetta which is on the canvas. The bag can get a little heavy because you’re concentrating the weight in a small amount of space. With the leather reinforcement the weight will not tear the canvas. This is a sturdy well made bag.
884E5529-E603-4FA5-AD85-FB3EEB9AEC2A.png
Now look at the point of attachment for the vanity, on the side. It looks directly attached to the canvas, no reinforcements. With some weight I have concerns that it will tear the canvas. Now maybe there is leather reinforced on the inside of the vanity which would ameliorate my concerns somewhat. But without seeing additional leather reinforcement at the point of attachment I would not feel confident it could withstand my regular usage. I don’t carry that much - phone, small wallet, mini pochette, keys, sunglasses, remote. But that’s enough to give it some weight.

Reactions: Uptown Luxer
Ok here is the duffle, which I had. See the side the bag where the crossbody strap attaches? It is attached to the vachetta which is on the canvas. The bag can get a little heavy because you’re concentrating the weight in a small amount of space. With the leather reinforcement the weight will not tear the canvas. This is a sturdy well made bag.
View attachment 4681964
Now look at the point of attachment for the vanity, on the side. It looks directly attached to the canvas, no reinforcements. With some weight I have concerns that it will tear the canvas. Now maybe there is leather reinforced on the inside of the vanity which would ameliorate my concerns somewhat. But without seeing additional leather reinforcement at the point of attachment I would not feel confident it could withstand my regular usage. I don’t carry that much - phone, small wallet, mini pochette, keys, sunglasses, remote. But that’s enough to give it some weight.
Totally makes sense. Same thing with the speedy b I would say. Thank you so much!!!!

Reactions: EpiFanatic
Totally makes sense. Same thing with the speedy b I would say. Thank you so much!!!!
You are welcome. Some people carry virtually nothing and also maybe don’t use it much. I use all my bags as regularly as I can and I don’t like to worry about stuff like this. So certain bags based just on practicality of design are a non-starter for me, no matter how cute.

You are welcome. Some people carry virtually nothing and also maybe don’t use it much. I use all my bags as regularly as I can and I don’t like to worry about stuff like this. So certain bags based just on practicality of design are a non-starter for me, no matter how cute.
Agree 100%. I decided I will not spend money on bags I can’t use. Or if I have to worry about it all the time. Thank you again!