Vanderpump Rules

I can’t imagine any other business where an employee can give an ultimatum like that (him or me) and actually get their way. Kinda unprofessional of Lisa to tolerate that. If I were her I would have turned it back around on Katie and told her that she is free to leave if she has a problem with how I run my business. But anyway it is probably just drama for the show
I agree, but she is in California and with the metoo movement and the anti-men movement that was the safer move.

Not sure if there is an anti-men movement out here...it’s more like men will be called out for doing things without a woman’s consent. Which, TBH, should apply to any interaction, regardless of gender.
You should state "some" men. Not all men behave badly just like not all women behave well. I was just stating my opinion why Lisa caved to Katie's ultimatum to appease the current PC climate.

You should state "some" men. Not all men behave badly just like not all women behave well. I was just stating my opinion why Lisa caved to Katie's ultimatum to appease the current PC climate.

Disagree, ALL men or women should be called for bad behavior, not some. At least, in a more perfect world it should be that way.

I’m not disagreeing with your opinion on Katie, I just do not prefer the association of the #metoo movement as anti-men. If you’re a man and you’ve done something inappropriate, then the appropriate consequences should result. Same with women, if they do the same thing.

Reactions: keodi and bisbee
Disagree, ALL men or women should be called for bad behavior, not some. At least, in a more perfect world it should be that way.

I’m not disagreeing with your opinion on Katie, I just do not prefer the association of the #metoo movement as anti-men. If you’re a man and you’ve done something inappropriate, then the appropriate consequences should result. Same with women, if they do the same thing.
You definitely misunderstood what I stated but not worth going on about it further.

How interesting - just a someone mentioned, James is working at TomTom's. I know it's just for a party, but I bet it's going to become a regular gig.
Just more proof that the two Tom's really don't have much say about the place.
I felt that was quite a slap in the face that LVP banned the boys from going inside until she and her designer had all the decorations and props done, and then that Pandora was still firmly in charge of the drinks menu.
Those boys are just employees.

Reactions: nyc_hou_mia
How interesting - just a someone mentioned, James is working at TomTom's. I know it's just for a party, but I bet it's going to become a regular gig.
Just more proof that the two Tom's really don't have much say about the place.
I felt that was quite a slap in the face that LVP banned the boys from going inside until she and her designer had all the decorations and props done, and then that Pandora was still firmly in charge of the drinks menu.
Those boys are just employees.
The boys are more for show and to help with branding since its their names. They have no experience owning, opening or running a business and they have less than a 10% share, so I get why they don't have a say. Frankly, I don't blame her. They are very lucky to get what she gave them. It was a win-win, smart marketing for her and a equity share for them. If they want more of a say they will need to cough up a lot more money.

I can’t imagine any other business where an employee can give an ultimatum like that (him or me) and actually get their way. Kinda unprofessional of Lisa to tolerate that. If I were her I would have turned it back around on Katie and told her that she is free to leave if she has a problem with how I run my business. But anyway it is probably just drama for the show
Actually, many companies (especially large Corporations) have VERY STRICT policies on harassment and his comments would be considered as such and the action is to fire the individual. I saw it 'live' in my old company where one of the guys made horrible comments to many of the females and as many had witnessed it, he was gone that afternoon. LVP actually did the right thing, but it's tough because, yeah .. many of those gals as I mentioned before are by no means "Angels"!!!

Reactions: bisbee
The boys are more for show and to help with branding since its their names. They have no experience owning, opening or running a business and they have less than a 10% share, so I get why they don't have a say. Frankly, I don't blame her. They are very lucky to get what she gave them. It was a win-win, smart marketing for her and a equity share for them. If they want more of a say they will need to cough up a lot more money.
Sorry, but .. as it should be! LVP and her husband have all the experience, they SHOULD be running the show for now. LVP asked the Tom's for a drink menu early in the season and did they cough it up? .. nope .. and hence the reason why she put her daughter in the picture. Sorry, but as a business, the Tom's have to quite being 'cute' and step up to the plate. Once and if the place gets established and they get more money and WANT more responsibility, then they will and should cough up more $$$. It's like any other business partnership relationship, the one who holds the gold, makes the rules.

Actually, many companies (especially large Corporations) have VERY STRICT policies on harassment and his comments would be considered as such and the action is to fire the individual. I saw it 'live' in my old company where one of the guys made horrible comments to many of the females and as many had witnessed it, he was gone that afternoon. LVP actually did the right thing, but it's tough because, yeah .. many of those gals as I mentioned before are by no means "Angels"!!!
It's true, we live in such different times. The pendulum seemed to have really swung the other way. Some men have definitely misbehaved in past times and it was acceptable so its good that things are changing, My only gripe about it is some people IMO seem to want to lump all men in the same category and generalize.

In the past Katie got drink, said horrible things to people, disrespected her co-workers bosses, yet she was able to give the ultimatum with a successful outcome and keep her job. I guess Lisa can't fire everyone, there would be no show.

Last edited:
It's true, we live in such different times. The pendulum seemed to have really swung the other way. Some men have definitely misbehaved in past times and it was acceptable so its good that things are changing, My only gripe about it is some people IMO seem to want to lump all men in the same category and generalize.

In the past Katie got drink, said horrible things to people, disrespected her co-workers bosses, yet she was able to give the ultimatum with a successful outcome and keep her job. I guess Lisa can't fire everyone, there would be no show.

I hate how people generalize, too.

Reactions: imgg

If anyone at my company did that, they would be let go without further notice. None of the other staff are angels, either. However, James should know better than to come in drunk on the job and go after women like that. They are a protected class. There could be major lawsuits filed over such things. Everyone should be more careful these days.

Times have definitely changed.

Is a valid point but my issue isn’t with the firing, it’s with an employee giving an ultimatum and getting their way.

Reactions: pjhm

Yes, so agree .. you definitely saw the "Old Boy's Club" in Financial Services and for many years, they got away with things that they should not have (and sadly, it was oftentimes that the woman got the boot). However, I have also seen the opposite, where a female totally disrespected one of her male (and best) employee and fired him. Of course, he filed a lawsuit and I spoke up for him; he was her best employee (and smartest); she fired him because she found out he was gay and made the most horrible statements to him! Needless to say, they finally fired her (he didn't come back because he didn't want to). Also agree .. one shouldn't lump a particular gender into "they are all the same" because they are not!

Totally agree about Katie; can't say I've ever been a huge fan of hers and frankly, how she treated her now husband in addition to Lala when she first came on-board were pretty vicious. Personally, I kind of think that this whole "James getting fired" is scripted. Yes, he can be a total a-hole, but he's getting lots of air-time right now and how much you want to bet he comes back??

Reactions: imgg