Van Cleef in action!

Trying to decide if I want to SO a 10 motif so came up with this creative way to wear my 5 motif for now:
View attachment 5222921
It's cute, and a good idea, but I vote do a SO 10 and get a real necklace.
The 5 motif spacing is not the same as the 10 motif or 20 motif as you probably know. The spacing in the bracelets have a standard of 4 links (looks like you shortened your bracelet from what I can see in the photos, so it's even less links) while the spacing in the necklaces have a standard of 5 links. This is also which is why two 5s does not equal a 10. And of course, with a 10 motif, you won't see the clasps.

Good luck in your decision! The GMOP is beautiful. I think an all around 10 motif would beautiful.

It's cute, and a good idea, but I vote do a SO 10 and get a real necklace.
The 5 motif spacing is not the same as the 10 motif or 20 motif as you probably know. The spacing in the bracelets have a standard of 4 links (looks like you shortened your bracelet from what I can see in the photos, so it's even less links) while the spacing in the necklaces have a standard of 5 links. This is also which is why two 5s does not equal a 10. And of course, with a 10 motif, you won't see the clasps.

Good luck in your decision! The GMOP is beautiful. I think an all around 10 motif would beautiful.
Thank you! I wonder if they would let me SO an alternating 10 motif with hammered rose gold and GMOP or even with guilloché. I’ve also considered just MOP with rose gold. The GMOP Magic is still in the running, but I really feel my next purchase needs to be a 10 motif. I think I need an iconic necklace for my collection!

Thank you! I wonder if they would let me SO an alternating 10 motif with hammered rose gold and GMOP or even with guilloché. I’ve also considered just MOP with rose gold. The GMOP Magic is still in the running, but I really feel my next purchase needs to be a 10 motif. I think I need an iconic necklace for my collection!
I am sure they would as RG is quite popular now. Lot of ladies have done SOs on RG. You may want to check out the SO thread to get ideas.

As to your motif and stone dilemma...
For me, for a 10 (and also a 20), I like the pop of all stones being the same. I think the beauty of Alhambra is a necklace with the same colored stones, all strung up. The eye just stares at the piece and the beauty of all the matching stones. With alternating, I feel it gets busy and the full impact of the stones is somehow lost. The eye starts to move around and is not quite sure what it's looking at... is it a gold necklace or is it a stone necklace?

We're getting close to holiday season, and my husband just went bonkers ordering tons of Christmas lights to hang outside on our trees and bushes. So... a Christmas analogy... imagine a person wearing a string of the red Christmas lights as a necklace. Wow... all you see is the red color and the eye and brain processes that "red Christmas light necklace." It's forces the eye to stop and stare at the red necklace. Now imagine the same person wearing a string of the assorted color Christmas lights as a necklace (red, blue, yellow, green). Yes, it's still bright, but it's busy. Now the eye is confused, so the eye has to move everywhere stopping at some lights, but not at all lights because the eye/brain gets bored easily with too much distraction. The "stop and stare" impact is a bit lost. It now looks like a busy Christmas necklace vs. a eye popping red necklace. Whew! I hope that made sense. Hence for me, I think a necklace with all same stones makes a bigger impact. I think if you add gold motifs, it turns more into a gold chain necklace. Anyway, that's just me and I wanted to share another point of view. Of course, there are lots of lovers of alternating. You just can't go wrong with VCA... so many choices!

As yes to an iconic necklace! I do vote a 10! I am not a fan of joining two bracelets with the clasp showing. Yes, SAs will tell us we can get more mileage and creative, but they are out to sell and convince us the piece is sooo versatile. I'm a purist, and I want my fine jewelry to be worn the way it was intended, a bracelet is a bracelet, a necklace is a necklace. It's like adding more fabric to a pair of shorts and trying to make them look like pants. Sure it could work, but you will see the seam where it was stitched together, as you would see a clasp. :smile:

I love MOP the most of all stones, it just glows, so I vote MOP!
But... because you already have a GMOP bracelet, I would get GMOP to match. I love the simple effortless chic of matching pieces.
Although... if you are not matchy matchy, I would get MOP. MOP just makes a face glow! (Add a drop of highlighter to the neck!) However... if you already have a MOP bracelet, then for sure my vote is MOP... glowy and matchy matchy! :nuts: :heart:

I hope this helps. Definitely check out the SO thread though... lots of great discussion from ladies on RG to help you decide.
Good luck to you! Planning for your next piece is half the fun! :smile:

So happy to hear that you are wearing on the shortest length.

I was wondering if it would lay on top of a shirt like yours and not tuck under the shirt being too short.

Is your neck size around 13 inches?

Thank you:hugs:

My neck is actually 11.25 inches, I just measured it to make sure!

I can have it lay on top without it tucking under, but throughout the day with normal movement it tends to go underneath at times, and I find myself having to put it back over my shirt.

• Thanks
Reactions: hers4eva
Trying to decide if I want to SO a 10 motif so came up with this creative way to wear my 5 motif for now:
Pretty GMOP! Perhaps you can try it out with a second bracelet strung with the GMOP, even if it is a different stone. I think that will make it easier to envision the 10, and even with a different stone the motifs blend together decently well.