Van Cleef in action!

Thank you so much texas!! I absolutely adore my pieces, they are so easily paired with each other. Frivoles are just so special and you know cause you have some exquisite pieces!! I've been itching recently on adding a new piece to my collection but still undecided.
What pieces are you considering?
Your frivole earrings are the small, correct?
Mine are the large but I keep coming back to the small size. I have a feeling that I will ultimately buy them because they are just so pretty.

What pieces are you considering?
Your frivole earrings are the small, correct?
Mine are the large but I keep coming back to the small size. I have a feeling that I will ultimately buy them because they are just so pretty.

At first I was thinking of the butterfly btf ring, but I just don't feel I will wear that piece as often. Then tried on the magic pave long pendant, really like that but I have another piece that would cover the similarity to this piece. Then I went back and tried on the perlee clover again (I tried the signature, clover and pave before) but wasn't crazy about it, as it felt a bit like tin to me. However the perlee clover is the only one I'd consider out of all 3 bracelets.

I'm still undecided given the price point. Hubby said our jeweler could custom make a half carat each tennis bracelet for that price. (Ughhhh, that makes it even harder for me to decide). He thinks it's a beautiful piece but he doesn't feel the price justifies it. Although, he fully supports my decision if I were to go that route.

My frivoles are actually the large size! I first bought the small but realized that it wasn't as impactful as I'd like. Went back and tried on the large and it was true love. Never looked back!!! If I were to get another frivole, it would be the pave white gold, but I'm not much of a earring person as I have very sensitive ears so the few pairs that I already have is enough to suffice. I think you should forgo the small frivole and get something else. I am so happy with the large and will never consider the small now. Of course for some people it would also depend on the weight of the earrings pulling their lobes down. For me it is a bit heavy, but doesn't bother me enough to go for the small.

Last edited:
At first I was thinking of the butterfly btf ring, but I just don't feel I will wear that piece as often. Then tried on the magic pave long pendant, really like that but I have another piece that would cover the similarity to this piece. Then I went back and tried on the perlee clover again (I tried the signature, clover and pave before) but wasn't crazy about it, as it felt a bit like tin to me. However the perlee clover is the only one I'd consider out of all 3 bracelets.

I'm still undecided given the price point. Hubby said our jeweler could custom make a half carat each tennis bracelet for that price. (Ughhhh, that makes it even harder for me to decide). He thinks it's a beautiful piece but he doesn't feel the price justifies it. Although, he fully supports my decision if I were to go that route.

My frivoles are actually the large size! I first bought the small but realized that it wasn't as impactful as I'd like. Went back and tried on the large and it was true love. Never looked back!!! If I were to get another frivole, it would be the pave white gold, but I'm not much of a earring person as I have very sensitive ears so the few pairs that I already have is enough to suffice. I think you should forgo the small frivole and get something else. I am so happy with the large and will never consider the small now. Of course for some people it would also depend on the weight of the earrings putting their lobes down. For me it is a bit heavy, but doesn't bother me enough to go for the small.
I can very much relate to your bracelet deliemma.
The wg looks like tin to me as well. Ugh. The yg is gorgeous but I can't seem to justify the price. Crazy because I have spent this many times over on other pieces.
Thank you for clarifying the size of your frivole earrings. I also have them in pave so you are probably right that I don't need the small.
As for bracelets, I encourage you to try on the signature with the perles d'or. I always wear them together now.

Thank you so much sweetie! [emoji4] I love the bright and vivid blue color of lapis lazuli.[emoji170] So lucky to find this very rare piece in excellent condition and in complete set with inner and outer box, and authenticity card.
This is what's hard about buying VCA on the Secondary Market. I've found it's almost impossible. I would just rather buy from VCA directly to get the full set. I just wonder what these people were thinking not keeping all of the paperwork & boxes with these expensive jewelry items! :cray:
Of course there are many discontinued pieces that I would love to have... but I won't buy unless I can get a full set with them. Therefore, I don't have any...

This is what's hard about buying VCA on the Secondary Market. I've found it's almost impossible. I would just rather buy from VCA directly to get the full set. I just wonder what these people were thinking not keeping all of the paperwork & boxes with these expensive jewelry items! :cray:
Of course there are many discontinued pieces that I would love to have... but I won't buy unless I can get a full set with them. Therefore, I don't have any...
Just an FYI regarding the authenticity cards, boxes etc. These items are being counterfeited. Even the ribbon. Truly awful. I don't question Birkin10600's pendant BUT there has been a flood of lapis pieces on evilbay lately. Some of these are styles that have never been in production.
The secondary market can be a great place to find rare items but I would recommend having any purchase authenticated by VCA. It's worth it.
Even reputable sellers can get fooled.
It's happening.

Yes it's really difficult to purchase VCA jewelry without the full set, especially the market is flooded with fakes now a days. I am avoiding as much as possible going to reseller's route but if it's discontinued and rare pieces, there's no other choice but to go ahead with extreme caution and only to the reputable resellers and collectors I know. Of course, we want that it comes with complete set of boxes and authenticity card too. [emoji4]