Value of this ring?

ooobabzooo

Dec 31, 2006
This ring was found by my boyfriend a few years ago. I think it's very pretty but honestly don't need it. I am looking to sell it, but I have no idea what it's worth.

It looks like an anniversary band and has 8 small diamonds on the top. The inside of the ring says "Sabrina-I 14k" (I know this means it is 14k but I have no idea what the Sabrina part is)

I feel bad that someone lost this ring, but it would have been almost impossible to find the owner.

022.jpg

023.jpg

Thanks to anyone that has any input!

8 small diamonds with no cert., no way to prove quality without incurring a cost to get a cert, 14k band with holes under diamonds to keep weight & cost of ring down. I would guess its not worth much. The buyers market right now is little to nothing for something second hand like this. The gold is probably worth more as scrap than the whole ring.
Sabrina might be the woman who owned it. The good Karma you'd get for trying to find rightful owner is more valuable than the scrap value you might get for the ring. How about calling the local newspaper in the area it was found & see if they'll put in a notice.

It was found underneath a shelf at a grocery store where my boyfriend used to work. He tried to find the owner but had no luck. We live in a very populated area so I doubt the multiple newspapers are going to be able to do anything about a ring that was lost over a year ago.

I really do not mean to generate any negative feedback from this. I am just curious. I have returned many found items, but this one can't find it's original home.

I'll take a stab at the used jewelry price of this being around $100. That price would apply to a consignment store or pawn shop selling it, so you'd get about $50-70 for it from the consignment store. If you're up for ebay you could try to sell it there, or the easier route would be to take it to a pawn shop. Or, as Vegas mentioned, sell it for scrap.

its a really cute ring by the way. I would wear it... in good health.

I am sure whoever had it on.. took it off to look at something.... or whatever.. if it was found on a shelf. thats a shame.

It's a pretty ring. With 14K gold and let's say the ring has SI quality diamonds I would say maybe $100-200ish.

The gold probably scraps at about $30. (I'm estimating it at around 2 grams, Melt value is $14.48 per gram or $20 per DWT- pennyweight).
Diamonds are around $150-200 per carat market value.

Hope that helps!

Thanks everyone! I was guessing it was around 100-200$ value. I actually think I'm going to keep the ring, at least for now.

I've been wearing it around since right now my ring is at the jewelers getting resized. It is growing on me and I think I could get some good use out of it. I guess I just have felt kind of guilty that I have someone else's ring.. I think I would feel more guilty if I made money off of it!

Thanks everyone! I was guessing it was around 100-200$ value. I actually think I'm going to keep the ring, at least for now.

I've been wearing it around since right now my ring is at the jewelers getting resized. It is growing on me and I think I could get some good use out of it. I guess I just have felt kind of guilty that I have someone else's ring.. I think I would feel more guilty if I made money off of it!

If you've made an honest effort to get the ring back to it's owner, which you have, then you shouldn't feel guilty about wearing or selling the ring. Enjoy it! It'd make a good stacking ring...

It looks very nice on your hand! Amazing that its just the right size, like it was meant to be yours. Enjoy! I've lost or had stuff stolen over the years & just say 'well someone else must of needed it more.' Makes me feel better.

I didn't mean to be negative. People seem to think its easy to sell second hand jewelry. Its just not. There was another decision on this topic a whle back.

Thanks fine! If I was going to sell it, I wasn't trying to make much out of it.. I'd just as happily give it to someone. I just was curious about the value.

and it really is the perfect size! I think i'm going to clean it all up and see what I can mix and match it with. :yes:

LOL If that ring was only 18K, it could be mine! I lost a ring like that at college three years ago! I miss it because it was just a little bit of sparkliness.

As Vegas Long Legs said, it's much harder to sell second-hand jewelry than you would think. If you like it, I would just go ahead and hang onto it. ;) Enjoy your found item.

Value is alot more to buy than to sell!!! So, keep it if you can as it is worth alot if you had to go and purchase it. The value is in the wearing now as the second hand market might give you $50 to $100 tops imo. It is lovely on you, perfect size!!!!