Value of Mulberry for Giles - large drawstring bag?

Tutu

Jul 11, 2007
Does anyone remember what the retail price of the Mulberry for Giles large drawstring bag in black leather (not patent) was? Or what its worth would be today? I own this bag and might be selling it at some point, but I want to know if its real value is anywhere close to how much I value it myself..

Taz

...get a life..TPF !
Oct 4, 2007
U.K
I`m not sure how much they retailed at, maybe around the £500 pounds mark ???

If you still love your bag then I would say keep it xx

Tutu

Jul 11, 2007
Actually, I happened to find the receipt in my drawer. The price was a little higher, 1,495€, or about £1,200/$2,100 at the current rates. :smile:

The reason that I might sell it is because I've been needing a smaller bag for a while now and recently decided to get a small/medium Chanel flap. I'm also looking at some jumbo flaps at the same time. So now I'm kind of in between two totally different bags - a jumbo Chanel flap or my Mulberry for Giles bag. I know I can't have all three, and I'm afraid that my bag with all its studs might be out of style in a couple of years or I might get bored of it. But a Chanel flap is more classic, and something that I've wanted for a long time, even before I set my eyes on my Mulberry for Giles.

Now, I'll probably buy a smaller Chanel bag and see how I feel, but the reason I'm asking about the value of my bag is half out of sheer curiosity, and half of me wants to know 'just in case'.

Last edited: