Valuation of Pearl Necklace

kronik

May 13, 2006
About how much is..

0610361lgyy8.jpg

that worth?

"L 14 1/2":White gold clasps set with pave diamonds, Pearls nicely matched. 6mm - 7.5mm"

Well, let's put it this way. This necklace that I made with NO diamonds I sold for retail $2,500. It's triple strand with 14k gold clasp, hand knotted on 100% silk. I would have to say that yours is going to retail for a lot more with the diamonds. Plus, I priced my piece a little lower than I probably should have given the size of the pearls.

The larger size pearl, the greater value (my necklace uses 9-10 mm). Are they natural or cultured (guessing cultured...most are), freshwater or saltwater? There are all kinds of things that determine value.

Well, let's put it this way. This necklace that I made with NO diamonds I sold for retail $2,500. It's triple strand with 14k gold clasp, hand knotted on 100% silk. I would have to say that yours is going to retail for a lot more with the diamonds. Plus, I priced my piece a little lower than I probably should have given the size of the pearls.

The larger size pearl, the greater value (my necklace uses 9-10 mm). Are they natural or cultured (guessing cultured...most are), freshwater or saltwater? There are all kinds of things that determine value.

I wanted to tell you way back that the design you made looked so beautiful and elegant especially with the luxury whimsical clasp!