Valentino Style Reference Library - CHAT HERE

Thanks LL for posting this!
I agree with all of you: I'm not a fan of the monogram either. I know the print is part of Valentino's history, and I wouldn't mind it on a scarf or somethimg, but a bag is a totally different thing...

Aphrodite Mini Bag:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Season: Fall/Winter 2011
Material: Leather and python
Price: $2,895

Gorrregggggeouuuuuusssss... although i must say I am glad its a mini and not a size id be dying for :P

Ok, so we'll have to wait for Spring/Summer 2011, in the meantime I'll try to organize my collection of retail pictures.

Please remember that Valentino doesn't show every bag they make for a season at the runway. So if you have a bag you don't see in runway pictures, it doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't made by Valentino.

Phew! What a relief! I have a Valentino bag which I got on sale from El Cortes Ingles in Madrid a few years ago. I haven't seen a picture of it anyway. I was beginning to wonder if it is a fake.

Oh goodness no! Valentino makes ALOT of bags each season. I can't even begin to guess how many. So are only distributed in certain parts of the world. For example, there are bags made that are only available in Italy, not anywhere else. So it's more than likely if you don't see a bag listed here, it was just in limited production.

Nowdays, pyramidal studs are as Valentino-esque as flowers and bows; and that is a reality we all have to deal with. Chiuri and Piccioli have gracefully created a new Valentino realm within Garavani's kingdome, respecting it's codes and giving the brand a new, different glow. Let's applaud them for that.
For this collection, the duo experimented with materials but the shapes were simple, very reminiscent of the bags the brand presented in the late 90's or early 00's. There's the brilliance of it: polished, not exploratory.

this made me :lol:

No!!! Say it ain't so! LOL! Actually I've grown to almost like the studs. I have my little studded cinched Maison and my studded flip flops and I like to wear them for a "harder" look. When bows and flowers don't seem right. So I'm beginning to "DEAL" LOL!

this made me :lol:

No!!! Say it ain't so! LOL! Actually I've grown to almost like the studs. I have my little studded cinched Maison and my studded flip flops and I like to wear them for a "harder" look. When bows and flowers don't seem right. So I'm beginning to "DEAL" LOL!

Hahahahaha! I KNEW you would say something lol! :P
After all, what can we do? Besides, when you look at the clothes, they are so sugary feminine that those studded bags and shoes are a nice contrast, giving the look an edge. But even if now studs are part of the brand's codes, sooner or later they'll have to take in consideration one thing: One can only have so many studded bags and shoes...