Valentino Style Reference Library - CHAT HERE

Canvas And Mesh Petale:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Season: Spring/summer 2011
Material: Canvas, mesh and leather
Price: $2,575

I have seen this IRL several times. I am sitting on the fence on this one. The first time I saw it, I thought it was really ugly. The second I saw this bag again at the boutique, I thought it was okay but not something I would buy. I saw the bag again this afternoon (that is the problem living/working near a Valentino boutique - too easy to be tempted). I thought it would really be a beautiful bag with the right sort of clothes. It is a very DELICATE bag, even worse than those sequins. The mesh like croquet was not....for lack of better word to describe.... 'GLUED' on to the bag. So one tiny pull.....you could bide farewell to the bag. And since the mesh literally cover the whole bag....it is a bag BEGGING for a disaster.

I don't really like the mesh petale. I'm not very into Petales to begin with (beautiful bag on others, but not for me :shrugs:, except for the Turquoise Dome Petale, that one was TDF!), but this one doesn't look right, like a "fuzzy" thing that needs a day in a spa... Maybe IRL it looks better.

Thank you for starting this thread! Since Saks did get several of the S/S 2011 bags and they are now having their sale, I am definitely giving this some thought. Some reviewers on Saks seemed critical of the quality (on the natural, tanned bags), but my guess is that they just didn't care for the raw quality and unlined interior. I think they are cute basics.

I'm also curious to see what will evolve with this line. Also pleased to see basic design without monograms, excessive details... just the big, signature bow- cute!

I checked this line of bags earlier. I am safe. I thought they look nice in the pictures but not so IRL. I really do not like the unlined inheritor. And once you arevused to the soft nappa leather, it is difficult to like this line. The bags are actually qruite stiff.

attachment.php

Split into two and repeated, the ‘V’ inspired a unique jacquard pattern used on a timeless monogram fabric created by Valentino in 1968 and that has surpassed fashion fads. Now Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli have given it a new twist and renamed it ‘Toile de V’.
‘Toile de V’ gives the Valentino handbag a dynamic look and stunning personality, transforming it into an essential piece perfect for any occasion, a favorite object, and a fashion statement.
‘Toile de V’ emphasizes and defines the new Valentino woman, her modern spontaneity, freedom, and joie de vivre.
Unveil the entire collection at http://www.valentino.com

Thanks for sharing. I really do not know what to think of the new line. It looks pretty bland to me and the color combination is....weird? I would reserve judgement till I see one in IRL but I am not really excited about it except they are more 'sturdy' than a lot of delicate Valentino bags.

I don't like it one bit. LOL!

Thanks for sharing. I really do not know what to think of the new line. It looks pretty bland to me and the color combination is....weird? I would reserve judgement till I see one in IRL but I am not really excited about it except they are more 'sturdy' than a lot of delicate Valentino bags.