Shoes Valentino Shoe SIZING QUESTIONS & ADVICE here

hi everyone! i recently purchased the valentino rockstud pump 85mm in the grained calfskin (the one that’s like a court shoe. as you can tell, this is my first designer shoe purchase - yay!!).

I’m having some trouble with sizing. I’m usually a US 7.5 and my birkenstock’s (this is literally the only shoe i have in european sizing lol) size 38. size 38 is great length wise but my toes die every time i wear the shoe. size 38.5 is roomier in the toe area, but i have space at my heel now :sad:. any recco’s on what to do?
I would take a slim pad that some people use for the ball of the foot (often given away at the boutique) and place it on the underside of the shoe toe box or upper of the 38.5. This will nudge your foot away from the toe box and further into the heel of rhe shoe. I find this works better than those heel grips. For rockstuds, I personally prefer to go up a half size rather than stretch. I found the caged flats to be the most uncomfortable flats of any premier brand I’ve ever worn (though since I loved the style, I bought four pairs). I preferred the flats without the cage which I found to run a bit bigger, but not enough to go down a half size.

Reactions: noellesmommy
@jjodiester

I have two pairs of the rockstud flats -- one pair without the cage (black patent with poudre trim), and one pair that's mary jane style (grained calfskin). I'm a true size 6.5 wide, and I tried on sizes 6, 6.5, and 7 for both styles. In both cases I found that size 6.5 fit me perfectly, despite my wide feet, with no need to size up or down.

I also agree with @880 's tip about using ball of the foot pads...I use Foot Petals (which calls them "Tip Toes"), and I have them in many of my pairs of shoes, and I too find that they work much better than heel grips.

HTH! :smile:

@jjodiester

I have two pairs of the rockstud flats -- one pair without the cage (black patent with poudre trim), and one pair that's mary jane style (grained calfskin). I'm a true size 6.5 wide, and I tried on sizes 6, 6.5, and 7 for both styles. In both cases I found that size 6.5 fit me perfectly, despite my wide feet, with no need to size up or down.

I also agree with @880 's tip about using ball of the foot pads...I use Foot Petals (which calls them "Tip Toes"), and I have them in many of my pairs of shoes, and I too find that they work much better than heel grips.

HTH! :smile:

Thank you so much for your help!! I might go w 6.5 this time. I’ve had a chance to walk around wearibg my first pair and it started to feel loose. Good thing it has straps that’ll hold it for me. Seems like it’d be perfect to get a 6.5 for uncaged ones :smile: again, thank you!!

Thank you so much for your help!! I might go w 6.5 this time. I’ve had a chance to walk around wearibg my first pair and it started to feel loose. Good thing it has straps that’ll hold it for me. Seems like it’d be perfect to get a 6.5 for uncaged ones :smile: again, thank you!!
You're very welcome! I hope the sizing works out for you. :smile:

I've never tried on Valentino shoes before, but I am usually a 41 1/2 or a 42 in Chanel. I was looking at the Valentino Roman kitten heels, and I found a pair in 41. Do you think these would fit? How does Valentino sizing compare to Chanel? Thanks!