Valentino Rockstud: Is it starting to show it's age?

Is the Rockstud showing it's age finally?

• yes, and I no longer reach for mine/want them

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • yes, I can feel it but I don't care, I'll wear what I love

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • no, these are so stylish and I still wear mine

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • no, I may not reach for mine as much but they are a classic

Votes: 18 22.2%

• Total voters
Feels like heels as a whole have been placed on the back burner for a while with the rise of the sneaker.

I wouldn’t be too worried about this style feeling dated though as it is quintessential Valentino and has become a true modern classic.

I totally agree. Heels really aren't as popular as they used to be and rock-studs are classic. +100000

Reactions: honey52
Just like dior saddle, or fendi baguette bags, heels will eventually be "in" again. Comfort is key, so as they are one of my most comfy heels, they'll never be "out" for me. Have you seen how quickly they're gone from sales this season? Plenty of women still want to experience the RS phenom.

Reactions: honey52 and layd3k
I've been watching a lot of "what's no longer trendy" videos on Youtube and Valentino Rockstuds are always on the list. I personally feel like it's because influencers are gifted a lot of other things from brands, and aren't incentivized to show styles that are already a few years old. They're all showing that new Valentino style with the giant V buckle, which is definitely a trend item. I still love my Rockstuds (I just bought another pair, I already have two pairs, one of which I've owned for 7-8 years), especially because for designer heels they are incredibly comfortable.

I have two pairs and have been debating which one to let go. Got a poudre high heels and black and nude Kitten heels. I don’t reach for them that often, I have been mostly wearing simple bb pumps daily for work now.

Totally classic and always sexy! Also very comfy despite the height.
However, I have nude ones which are superdelicate at the tip. Leather shows wear very easily and you have to be extra careful not to hit the tip somewhere and injure the leather. I guess the model with the pebbled leather on the first photo would be less prone to that though. It is beautiful.

Reactions: lavy