Valentino grande lock bag- good substitute for Chanel?

Mellee

O.G.
Oct 20, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am really loving all of Valentino's bags/shoes lately! What do you guys think of the Grande Lock bag pictured below? I've been wanting to add a red bag to my collection for awhile now. I was kicking myself for not buying a red Chanel jumbo back when the bags were less than 3K but I feel like this Valentino bag could possibly be a contender (I am unwilling to buy a Chanel flap at current prices). To me, it gives off a similar vibe- glam and a classic flap shape but a little edgier due to the hardware. Do you think it's too trendy and will be dated in a few seasons? Or is it classic enough to withstand the test of time, like Chanel flaps?

grande lock 2.jpg

grande lock 3.jpg

grande lock 4.jpg

Attachments

• grande lock.jpg
    grande lock.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,187
I don't care about trends, nor 'it' bags, I like what I like and I buy it if I can afford to.

Only buy it if you love it. If you do love it then - YES!

In my opinion, you can always use the bag, regardless of trends. It is all a matter of whether you will get tired of the hardware or not. If you love it, and it fits your budget (as you noted) - get it :biggrin:

I think the black one it's my favorite. It's fabulous. Where would you wear this bag? Shopping? Work? It's a trend but its hit modern and edgy. It would last for a long while ! I feel.

Thank you for all of your opinions! A few tpfers have suggested the Miss Dior bag, which I am now considering- it's a bit pricy but I'd rather spend a little more to get something classic. I appreciate everyone's input :smile: