Valentino grande lock bag- good substitute for Chanel?

Mellee

O.G.
Oct 20, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am really loving all of Valentino's bags/shoes lately! What do you guys think of the Grande Lock bag pictured below? I've been wanting to add a red bag to my collection for awhile now. I was kicking myself for not buying a red Chanel jumbo back when the bags were less than 3K but I feel like this Valentino bag could possibly be a contender (I am unwilling to buy a Chanel flap at current prices). To me, it gives off a similar vibe- glam and a classic flap shape but a little edgier due to the hardware. Do you think it's too trendy and will be dated in a few seasons? Or is it classic enough to withstand the test of time, like Chanel flaps?

grande lock 2.jpg

grande lock 3.jpg

grande lock 4.jpg

Attachments

Love4H

Jul 26, 2012
I like the bag but I do think its very trendy. This kind of hw is very popular now and I'm afraid it'll be "old trend" couple of seasons later.

Jul 3, 2006
Rockstud New Red.jpg I just bought a red valentino too! But the one I picked I think may be a "little" less trendy.

I love mine! I like the one you're considering too though!

Here's mine!

Love4H

Jul 26, 2012
If Chanel is too much for you, maybe you can consider Miss Dior bag? It's similar style but seems very timeless to me.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
I don't care about trends, nor 'it' bags, I like what I like and I buy it if I can afford to.

Only buy it if you love it. If you do love it then - YES!

Aluxe

The Gimme-Queen
O.G.
Nov 29, 2010
DCA via the DMV via NGA
In my opinion, you can always use the bag, regardless of trends. It is all a matter of whether you will get tired of the hardware or not. If you love it, and it fits your budget (as you noted) - get it :biggrin:

Laruefirenze

Jan 9, 2013
I think the black one it's my favorite. It's fabulous. Where would you wear this bag? Shopping? Work? It's a trend but its hit modern and edgy. It would last for a long while ! I feel.

Mellee

O.G.
Oct 20, 2009
Thank you for all of your opinions! A few tpfers have suggested the Miss Dior bag, which I am now considering- it's a bit pricy but I'd rather spend a little more to get something classic. I appreciate everyone's input :smile:

Mariapia

Feb 21, 2012
France
Thank you for all of your opinions! A few tpfers have suggested the Miss Dior bag, which I am now considering- it's a bit pricy but I'd rather spend a little more to get something classic. I appreciate everyone's input :smile:
The Miss Dior bag is gorgeous!