Valentino Care and Maintenance

Do you know if the boutique charges for stud replacements? And do they still service it if you didn't purchase directly from them (so no receipt)? Thanks.

It depends on the replacement. I believe if it's their fault, it's free of charge. If not, you have to pay for it.

I'm pretty sure they'll service it if you pay for the replacement. But if you're looking for free replacement, that might be a hard ask.

One of the studs of my Valentino bag popped out. Good thing my friend saw it on the floor. And thank goodness I was able to put it back. It hasn't popped out since. But now Im always checking the studs of my bag if a stud is missing :biggrin:

Hi guys,
I recently got a black Valentino Rockstud mini tote and would like to know what's the best way to protect it?

http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/valentino-mini-rockstud-leather-tote/3713883?cm_mmc=Google_Product_Ads_pla_online-_-datafeed-_-women:bags:handbag-_-467904&mr:referralID=c05c59bd-f5d3-11e4-82f7-001b2166c2c0

I have Collonill's Nanopro spray, which has been highly recommended on PF and a Rain Repellant from Michael Kors as well. I've used the MK one, but never used the Nanopro before.

I tested the Nanopro today on another bag today to see what it did to the hardware. It made it look spotty, but I was able to wipe it off right away. This hardware is not as delicate, so not sure if it left any marks or not. Looks like it didn't

Is there anything will protect both the leather and hardware? Should I cover the hardware before I spray the bag? Is Nanopro what you would recommend for this bag?

Thanks in advance, fellow Valentino lovers 😙

I just took my new Valentino bag out for a test run and I noticed there is a black stain ON THE BRIGHT YELLOW camo part and along the side and its SO noticeable...Its the nylon crossbody bag with leather trim and straps.... Any advice what I can do or use on it that wont ruin the bag?????? Need advice, thanks so much.....

*I did call the store and they do not recommend anything as they dont want the responsibility if it gets ruined.....

I just took my new Valentino bag out for a test run and I noticed there is a black stain ON THE BRIGHT YELLOW camo part and along the side and its SO noticeable...Its the nylon crossbody bag with leather trim and straps.... Any advice what I can do or use on it that wont ruin the bag?????? Need advice, thanks so much.....

*I did call the store and they do not recommend anything as they dont want the responsibility if it gets ruined.....

Can you post a pic? Any idea what the stain is?

Hi guys,
I recently got a black Valentino Rockstud mini tote and would like to know what's the best way to protect it?

http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/valen...ferralID=c05c59bd-f5d3-11e4-82f7-001b2166c2c0

I have Collonill's Nanopro spray, which has been highly recommended on PF and a Rain Repellant from Michael Kors as well. I've used the MK one, but never used the Nanopro before.

I tested the Nanopro today on another bag today to see what it did to the hardware. It made it look spotty, but I was able to wipe it off right away. This hardware is not as delicate, so not sure if it left any marks or not. Looks like it didn't

Is there anything will protect both the leather and hardware? Should I cover the hardware before I spray the bag? Is Nanopro what you would recommend for this bag?

Thanks in advance, fellow Valentino lovers 😙

Don't know the answer, but am interested if anyone has any recommendations?

Hi everyone,

I would like some advice please on how to remove a water stain from my red rockstud tote please. I had a lipstick stain on the lining of the bag, so today I used Ecover Stain Remover which is plant based and have natural ingredients. It faded away the mark that I had, it's not gone exactly but it's not so visable to the eye anymore. I mixed it with a bit of water and scrubbed lightly with a brush, it got most of the dirt away and I cleaned it with a damp cloth to get rid of the residue.

The lining is in great condition however my bag seems damp and it looks like this.

Thanks for looking :smile:

Attachments

• bag1.jpg
    bag1.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 1,186
  • bag2.jpg
    bag2.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 1,177
If you are near a Valentino boutique, you could call them to see if they think anything can be done to fix (or lessen) the water mark/cleaner mark. They may be willing to send the bag out for you, for a fee. It looks like you lost a rock stud too (you could ask the cost of replacing that too if it bothers you). I think water stains (or cleaner messing with the dye, whichever the case may be) can be difficult to fix. Did it look better after it dried completely?

I would be very careful trying things at home, as you could damage it worse. Ask the advice of a trusted leather professional at the very least (and these are sometimes hard to locate, so I would ask at the boutique).
Good Luck.

Hi all, I recently purchased a preloved lacca betty bow tote. It is lacquered canvas - Any suggestions on how to clean this type of material? Please see pic below (Not my pic)

Attachments

• valentino-rose-lacca-betty-bow-tote-bag-product-1-4904924-425545572_large_flex.jpg
    valentino-rose-lacca-betty-bow-tote-bag-product-1-4904924-425545572_large_flex.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 872
Should I take my rockstuds to a boutique for repair? I have a local place that I've taken my Chloe flats and other semi-expensive shoes ($250-500'ish), but I'm curious if the Valentinos need to go to a boutique - or do they tend to be overpriced for repairs that can be done by a reputable local shop?

I slipped on a concrete drain and tore the leather on the heel of the shoe! (Also cracked my phone, but more worried about the shoes, haha!)