Valentino Care and Maintenance

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this on but I figured I would try... I recently purchased the rockstud espadrilles and before I was ever able to wear them my dog chewed the ankle strap aka the most essential part. I have tried to contact saks and valentino directly and unfortunately have had no luck. Any recommendations?

I just bought a lock bag and worried this will happen to me in the future- Did they fix it for you?:smile:

hi sorry I havent logged in for awhile, i did not go with department store here because i purchased from farfetch.com, and the site customer service is quite bad they did not respond to me at all.. i ended up taking it to a local shoe repair store which used to fix chanel chain problem for me.. and they did the job! however i did not carry it at all after fixing because the shoe store owner told me it probably will fall again... i have to say just be careful when you carry the bag, dont put too hevay things inside. hope this help!

I got my Rockstud tote this late January. I've kept it with dehumidifier with dust bag on. Even in use, it's mostly inside air-conditioned environment which humidity is not high..... Despite all my effort, I've found recently that every single gold pyramid stud is oxidised :sad: The push-lock fastening is in good shape though....

I got my Rockstud tote this late January. I've kept it with dehumidifier with dust bag on. Even in use, it's mostly inside air-conditioned environment which humidity is not high..... Despite all my effort, I've found recently that every single gold pyramid stud is oxidised :sad: The push-lock fastening is in good shape though....

I have more than 10 items RS but have no issue, I wear my shoes and bags everyday.

Please help me. My biggest nightmare just occurred and I accidentally got my rockstud heel stuck in the sidewalk crack. I'm always so careful and literally looked up for a minute and this occurred. Can this be fixed?? Feeling really hopeless. Only my third time wearing them :sad: please help! All feedback appreciated ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408764052.341968.jpg big gash in the leather.

Please help me. My biggest nightmare just occurred and I accidentally got my rockstud heel stuck in the sidewalk crack. I'm always so careful and literally looked up for a minute and this occurred. Can this be fixed?? Feeling really hopeless. Only my third time wearing them :sad: please help! All feedback appreciated View attachment 2727642 big gash in the leather.

How awful. I experienced the same issue with my shoes but it happened to the front of my new valentino patent rockstud shoes (sadly, I was told that patent leather can't be fixed...Sorry, off topic). Anyway, I was in the cobbler to ask about my shoes and I overhead the repair staff tell another client (her dog chewed the heels off) that they can try to fill smooth out the leather or cover the heel with matching leather. I would suggest that you go to your cobbler and ask for your options. Yours doesn't look like patent leather so there may be hope. Good luck!

How awful. I experienced the same issue with my shoes but it happened to the front of my new valentino patent rockstud shoes (sadly, I was told that patent leather can't be fixed...Sorry, off topic). Anyway, I was in the cobbler to ask about my shoes and I overhead the repair staff tell another client (her dog chewed the heels off) that they can try to fill smooth out the leather or cover the heel with matching leather. I would suggest that you go to your cobbler and ask for your options. Yours doesn't look like patent leather so there may be hope. Good luck!

Got them back from the cobbler today and they look MUCH better. Although there is no way to make them perfect again, I'm happy with the work he did. It is not noticeable when it's on my feet. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409356410.994348.jpg

I have a few rockstud flats and I'm having a problem with one pair. My toe nails aren't long at all but the inside lining leather is worn/peeled/cut were the end of my toenails hit the inside of my shoes. I'm worried that it will wear through to the outer leather or damage them. Has anyone had this happen before?

With the oxidized problem.. I've used silver polish cream with a Qtip on the discolored rockstuds and it took most of it off! For some reason my silver tarnishing cloth didn't take anything off, only the cream.

I have a few rockstud flats and I'm having a problem with one pair. My toe nails aren't long at all but the inside lining leather is worn/peeled/cut were the end of my toenails hit the inside of my shoes. I'm worried that it will wear through to the outer leather or damage them. Has anyone had this happen before?

With the oxidized problem.. I've used silver polish cream with a Qtip on the discolored rockstuds and it took most of it off! For some reason my silver tarnishing cloth didn't take anything off, only the cream.

The cobbler can reline those for u. I was told that it's super thin and better to take care of before it's too late.

Has this happened to anyone before? It's not dog-damage (I don't have one).
I wore these to a wedding 2 weeks ago, and when I pulled them out of the dust bag to wear this wknd, they were torn. It looks like they just ripped off at the seam.
WTH??? $1100 shoes should NOT do this. I am devastated. :crybaby:
Any thoughts/help?

These were order from NM in March 2014.

Attachments

• 20141006_191420small.jpg
    20141006_191420small.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 3,357
  • 20141006_191508small.jpg
    20141006_191508small.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 3,226
  • 20141006_191551small.jpg
    20141006_191551small.jpg