Vacuum help!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My dogs shed a boatload of hair, trail in dirt and what not from their adventures outside.

I have hardwood floors, and no amount of sweeping I do can keep up with them. Can anyone recommend a vacuum good enough to clean up dog hair and mess without dying out. I've tried the really old vacuum we have, but it just can't suck up the fur because of the filters getting clogged.

2. I have a Dyson Animal and I can't live without it. :smile:

3. Wow. I didn't know Dyson made one for homes with pets. XD

Would the regular Dyson, be just as good?

4. XD I just went over your thread and I realized that I do miss vacuuming. It's so much more efficient than sweeping.

5. I have 3 cats and a perpetual trail of sand from their litter everywhere in the house. I bought a Miele and it's so powerful it can pick up the Yellow Pages. What I really like about it is that I don't have to empty the contents, everything is sucked into a bag, which I just throw out when the indicator shows it's full, and replace with a new one.

6. I JUST got the DYSON ANIMAL ball vacuum..its the BEST thing I ever spent money on.without a doubt.
    I have 2 shedding dogs and a baby crawling all over the hairy floors...its gets ALL the hair up!

7. I've never heard of a Miele. I'm going to look that up. XD
    Is Dyson the only brand that makes vacuums to deal with pet hair?

8. Just FYI the Dyson Animal is the same as the other Dysons except that it comes with attachments. I wanted the Animal (cuz it's purple and that's my fav color) but if you look at the stats on the Dyson homepage the motor is exactly the same in all of the models. If you can live without the attachments (and I can even with two dogs and three cats) then save yourself $100 and get the regular one.

9. I have a regular Dyson and it works GREAT on pet hair. Another thing that is great for pet hair on furniture is a rubber brush. I always use the rubber brush on all my furniture and then vacuum. I have a short hair chihuahua who sheds constantly and a cat who is nearly as bad.

10. Another vote for Dyson! That thing never clogs! All the parts can be removed. So it is really great. I have 3 cats and 3 dogs!

11. Another one here who votes for the Dyson Animal. The BEST vacuum EVER!

12. Another Dyson lover here, I have two long haired pets and I lose loads of hair myself.

13. I bought a Miele six months ago and love it.

14. I have a Hoover. I don't know the model name since I am at work but it's bright blue. It's a few years old so I am sure the model has been updated by now. It has 3 settings and one setting is just for hardwood floors. We have hardwood flooring in our house too. It always has done a great job at cleaning up my 3 pugs hair (who shed like crazy) and I have a cat too.