Vachetta Question

Ms_Max

Nov 26, 2008
So, after listening to a few people on this board, I have taken out my bags from their boxes where I usually kept them and just had them in their dust bags. Of course now, the vachetta has darkened which I hate, particularly my Manhattan PM which was so beautiful with the pale pale vachetta. My question is, has anyone replaced all the vachetta on a Manhattan? Can it be done? How much is it approximately? I would appreciate any and all responses. Thanks.

Oh I know what you mean. I love love the Linen color. I have treated all mine with protector so the black oil look does not occur. Patina always happens :sad:

I have also sprayed all my bags with Shining Monkey and it totally helps with stain protection from water spots etc. Unfortunately, you're right, patina always happens but I found that if the bags are kept in the dust bags and boxes, the patina doesn't happen as quickly. All my bags are now back in their respective bags and boxes.

Thanks for the help

Yes, it can be done, but is very expensive ... sometimes buying a new bag is not much more than replacing all the Vachette on a current bag.

Hmmm, I remember I got a quote for my Houston which was about $400 to replace the handles and chads. Of course, there wasn't as much vachetta as there is on the Manhattan. If I remember correctly, I think the PM is about $1,600 so if I could replace it for between $500-$900, I think I would prefer that over buying it over again :yes:

^^^
The most expensive thing to replace would be the piping, so if that doesn't show too much, then changing the handles and attachments may not be that bad.