Vachetta patina???

I think it depends on how often you use the bag as well as it's exposure to the sun. I've heard of people letting their bags "tan" by resting them in a sunlit area (like a windowsill) to speed up the process while others keep the vachetta covered using scarves/twillies on areas like the handle if they wanna slow down the process or protect the vachetta.

Reactions: babygirlloveLV
I actually think it starts right away when you start taking it into natural light. My Alma BB went from BOOM WHITE to the peachy tan color in 2-3 weeks of almost daily carry. My grandmother gave me a Speedy that she bought in 1983 and it has a medium caramel color patina from irregular use by her over the past 34 years (plus my 2-3x weekly use for the past year). Sometimes I see super dark patina on newish bags so I think it depends a bit on the piece of hide the details are cut from and how hard you love your bag. Human skin varies in sun-sensitivity and it makes sense that cow skin would too!

Reactions: megmarie
Yep, agreed with the other posts. If it's brand new vachetta, the patina process will start when it comes out of its box. I leave mine in my backyard when I first buy them if I want to speed up the process. Also, what seems to work amazingly and fairly quickly, is placing it in the most sunny parts of my car (usually shot gun) while I drive.

Patina depends on many factors, but I have noticed that vachetta is turning honey now much faster in my newer bags ( when compared to my oldies). Maybe they changed something in the leather or the climate change is worse than I thought. :noworry:
Question- if I store a bag in my closet (keepall B 55) without a dust cover, will the patina darker as it sits ? Does covering it help to slow the process? Essentially this bag is being stored without use and id love for it to not get any darker while it's sitting around. Are you able to offer any advice ? Thanks :smile:

Question- if I store a bag in my closet (keepall B 55) without a dust cover, will the patina darker as it sits ? Does covering it help to slow the process? Essentially this bag is being stored without use and id love for it to not get any darker while it's sitting around. Are you able to offer any advice ? Thanks :smile:
It will patina no matter what. But if you use a dust cover, it will protect the bag against light, making the patina process slower.

Reactions: SerendipitousKitty
I have my LV for 4 months now and I have used it about 4 times in total. Rest of the time it's in a dust bag in a cupboard. I live in a cold wet climate and even still my vachetta has started to patina....but only a little thankfully. If it gets too dark I will be selling it as I am not a big fan of the very dark patina.