vachetta and rain

Get what you love! and use some kind of vachetta protector like lovin my bags. If you settle for DE you will probably still not feel satisfied until you get something in mono.

How about the procedure "the patina champ" recommends? You basically take a damp washcloth and wipe the vachetta thoroughly and then it's not supposed to get water spots after that because you've already wet it so to speak...it's in the FAQ section I believe.

I have been buying DE bags recently because I am afraid to carry vachetta in the rain.
Do any of you still carry Mono in the rain and do not baby their handbags? Does the vachetta get stained really bad with rain spots?

Rain generally stains vachetta. i NEVER wear an LV with vachetta in the rain. I have never used any product on the leather. If I were you I would call LV and ask if it is recommended to do so.

I have been buying DE bags recently because I am afraid to carry vachetta in the rain.
Do any of you still carry Mono in the rain and do not baby their handbags? Does the vachetta get stained really bad with rain spots?

I would avoid using vecheta in the rain. Save that for a sunny day~ use the DE on a raining day.

Or! U can always purchase a rain jacket for ur bag, carry it inside ur bag for just in case.

Reactions: babygirlloveLV
Does anyone know if spraying Apple garde will make vachetta never get to that golden honey color?
The Vachetta will still patina. This pic shows my new Speedy vachetta which hasn't left the house yet and it the background you can see the vachetta of my Petit Noe. The Noe was purchased in November 2019 and immediately sprayed with Apple Guard. It's also my daily bag and others pop in and out. I've taken it out in very light rain with no issues. The leather still looks great. I'll be spraying my Speedy today before the afternoon rain kicks in.

IMG_0187.jpg

The Vachetta will still patina. This pic shows my new Speedy vachetta which hasn't left the house yet and it the background you can see the vachetta of my Petit Noe. The Noe was purchased in November 2019 and immediately sprayed with Apple Guard. It's also my daily bag and others pop in and out. I've taken it out in very light rain with no issues. The leather still looks great. I'll be spraying my Speedy today before the afternoon rain kicks in.

View attachment 5071136
Thank you! Do you only spray your vachetta once or repeat every so often?