vachetta and rain

My husband is gifting me a Louis Vuitton for Christmas. I'm Interested in a crossbody but I live in rainy rainy Belgium. So I've been looking at DE crossbody bags and ... I don't really like them. Hoxton's not bad, neither is DE speedy B (love it in mono though).I don't really like Bloomsbury, or Besace Rosebery

Now, mono crossbody bags : i LOVE mono Speedy B, menilmontant, and Saumur. And oh, pochette metis. These crossbodies seem so much better.

I dont feel like dropping too much money on a bag that's not 100% what I want.

So, should i get a sensible DE or get the mono I love, and carry it in the rain ? What does 'rain poluted all weather' vachetta look like ?

What would you do ?

The spots very slightly darken the leather but as you use the bag the patina evens it all out. If you don't mind the spots get what you love. I love that vachetta trim and how it shows your love for the bag as time goes on.

My vote? Go for the mono!

I live in a rainy climate and I carry my mono Speedy B when it's raining and snowing. Just BEFORE you go out with your bag make sure that the vachetta is patina'd well. Put your bag in the sun, as well as the strap and wait for it to darken before running around with it when it rains. I'm also using a leather protection creme from Collonil gold on the vachetta. It works brilliantly, whenever a water drop gets on the vachetta I just let it dry and I can't find it afterwards anywhere.
So go get the bag you really love :smile:

Reactions: belleofdaball53
My husband is gifting me a Louis Vuitton for Christmas. I'm Interested in a crossbody but I live in rainy rainy Belgium. So I've been looking at DE crossbody bags and ... I don't really like them. Hoxton's not bad, neither is DE speedy B (love it in mono though).I don't really like Bloomsbury, or Besace Rosebery

Now, mono crossbody bags : i LOVE mono Speedy B, menilmontant, and Saumur. And oh, pochette metis. These crossbodies seem so much better.

I dont feel like dropping too much money on a bag that's not 100% what I want.

So, should i get a sensible DE or get the mono I love, and carry it in the rain ? What does 'rain poluted all weather' vachetta look like ?

What would you do ?
Go for ebene.
Or go for something in mono with very minimal vachetta.

I want to say - get what you love here. But early on in my collection I got water spots on my vachetta and I regret it to this day. It totally devalued the handbag, but I was young and I just didn't know that this would happen.

Now, I absolutely never carry a bag with vachetta if the sky even thinks its going to rain. :rain:

So, if you want a LV that you can carry any day of the year, get one without vachetta. Just MHO. Good luck with your decision. ;)

Reactions: suzannabunny