Vache Naturelle

McLoverly

O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
I have a lovely vache naturelle Birkin, but I'm always afraid to use it. I like the current color and don't want it to deepen too much yet I do want to blend in its imperfections. The leather is similar to LV's vachetta (pretty much the same). Besides Hermes and LV, are there other companies that use this leather? I would like another (less expensive) piece in this leather to play with a bit, I want to experiment with weatherproofing. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

I know LV has a range of all vachetta bags called VVN in the LV store computer system and they are less than Hermès. Other than that I think it would be possible to find boots in VN?

Elliespurse,
Thank you for your response. I've seen some of LVs all vachetta bags and love them, but I'm looking for something much cheaper.

Does anyone know of any inexpensive alternatives?

Oh my, don't be afraid to use your Birkin.... the vachetta is meant to absorb your natural oils while producing its own leather oils for that most glorious tonal variation that so many beautiful patinas on saddles show. Please start using it to it's fullest potential! I find when vache naturalle/natural vachetta is all one shade, it is so bland. It's the usage marks rubbed on top of each other for decades that is the most appealing! The only thing is to keep it nourished.

Can't think of any other "practice item" other than purchasing a LV luggage tag. It's completely vachetta and playing with that.

Reactions: ukonvasara
Mabe you can go to a saddle maker or some other leather craftsman and actuall just buy a piece of the leather? I mean, it would be fine with just a sheet, no? That would probably be the least expensive...

Great ideas ladies! I actually do not baby my barenia bags at all, but for some reason with VN I'm really afraid of water. It has a couple of tiny water spots already and I would like to condition it so that those spots blend with it's patina, but I want to keep it looking different than my barenia bags. I'm possibly a little crazy...

I have a vache natural Hermes Constance bag that is about 8 years old and its fine. In fact it has a nice sheen to it that makes it appear to be treated. That happens with use. I do worry about water but then again most of my bags I keep away from water too. If I get a water spot I'd try some meltonian cleaner/conditioner to blend it in, that's all.

I have a Vache Naturelle Birkin, a Barenia Birkin and a VVN LV Alma: I use my VN Birkin A LOT and am only careful about water, besides that I find it pretty sturdy. I have treated my Alma with Docride's products, they have made it a bit shinier, but I haven't tried it in the rain, so don't know if it's water repellent. As Luccibag says, I avoid using any of my H bags in the rain, except for Clemence and Swift which are pretty immune to water.

I really don't know of any VN bags, besides maybe having one made by a craftsman. I use a saddle product on my VN and Barenia Birkins called Veredus Curium Balsam and it's great: here's the link http://veredus.it/curium_balsam_ING.html. HTH

Hello loves,

I know it can be difficult to avoid water spots on a Vache Naturelle. However, I was wondering if there is something I can do about it? Like to make it go away or at least less visible?

Thank you in advance and stay safe!

XOXO,
HermèsGeek

I forgot to mention, the Blackrock and H saddle baume will darken the leather to a degree. It certainly blended a few of the minor blemishes, but a few larger/darker blemishes remain. Here is mine after about 7 total alternating applications, but my bag had already started a patina prior to my at-home treatment.

Attachments

• BB76FCDC-B178-424D-9EA9-634A88A0B478.jpeg
    BB76FCDC-B178-424D-9EA9-634A88A0B478.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 63
I forgot to mention, the Blackrock and H saddle baume will darken the leather to a degree. It certainly blended a few of the minor blemishes, but a few larger/darker blemishes remain. Here is mine after about 7 total alternating applications, but my bag had already started a patina prior to my at-home treatment.

Thank you! Such a beautiful leather and your birkin is TDF!!

Reactions: SpicyTuna13