Vache Natural vs Barenia

thank you Liberte. I also posted on the other thread --- Maddox kindly posted this in Finds and I got it for 1600 usd from L-S in Feb 09. Patina already in place. I did B&O it and now safely take it through downpours. Its gotten a lot of compliments at H Madison also and is more finely made/stitched - has better lines than my BBK.

thanks for your input gals!
castorny, thanks so much for your explanation and info, they are truly helpful.
ooooo 880, now that is what i am talking about! so that's vintage porc ya? that is the kind of colouring i am after, not quite ebene, but darker than natural. i am hoping for something which will turn out that way eventually.

so what is the difference between vache naturel and chamonix?

I believe that Chamonix is more processed and is a calf skin. It is similar to Box calf, but is more matte. Natural Chamonix and Vache Naturel are very similar in appearance though, I suspect that Chamonix is thinner and more flexible than VN.

I love both VN and Barenia, but if I had to choose under duress, I'd go with Vache Natural because it stays stiffer over time than barenia, and it gets that lovely used saddle appearance (aka patina) that I love so much. But again, that decision is only under severe duress...I hope to have one of each someday =)

I love both VN and Barenia, but if I had to choose under duress, I'd go with Vache Natural because it stays stiffer over time than barenia, and it gets that lovely used saddle appearance (aka patina) that I love so much. But again, that decision is only under severe duress...I hope to have one of each someday =)

ITA with you!! I have one of each and I love them to bits, so I'm sending you good vibes in finding yours!!!

i wonder too....

so, OB, i know this might be a stupid question to be asking in an H forum, but if i were to want something which is in the spirit of those hippie leather bags from the 60s (you know those thick, stiff, shinny, tanned, patina-ed with oil, filth, and sweat) i want VN yes?

Reactions: peonies13