Vache Liegee leather

giselle07

Nov 5, 2006
Is Vache Liegee leather hard to the touch?

I'm not too familiar with this leather - but like the fact that it's lightweight.
Any comments are welcome!

I felt Fjord awhile back and believe it was hard to the touch.
thanks...:smile:

Reactions: cezra
There is one comfortably sitting in the Montreal Boutique. It's quite lovely to the touch...looks a bit plasticky. Incredibly lightweight and from what I understood on of the more expensive non-exotique leathers.

Yes, it's hard to the touch, probably more so than fjord if possible

Some of the colors in it are lovely but I dont think its worth the extra $500 over Togo, clemence, fjord, epsom, box, etc

VL is a stiff leather. It is wonderfully durable and unlike epsom to me, has a multi dimensional quality that adds depth to the leather. At first, I was not a fan, but over time, this leather won me over and I fell in love! I ended up getting a 32cm Gold VL Kelly that I love to bits! It is durable, mid-weight, and gorgeous! I must warn you- it is NOT a photogenic leather. In fact, i would say that it is rather camera shy. To capture its true beauty, you really must see it in person. You won't be disappointed and in fact, if you love a structured leather- VL is a treasure.

Reactions: jbags07 and liheng
My Herbag is VL, and it's hard to the touch, yes, but very light and durable and I LOVE it.

PB090068.jpg

PB090067.jpg

I was told by my stores director that VL is actually pressed leather, so it is a natural grain, but it is pressed, or rolled, so that is is flatter, and a bit stiffer, but still has the beautliful natural graining patterns of togo or clemence...As if you were to take togo or clemence and flatten it.

Epsom, on the other hand, is embossed, meaning the graining you see is applied to the leather with a kind of stamping process. It is a thinner leather than VL, and the embossed pattern is manmade.

RBB, i think your bag is vache naturelle...very pretty herbag, BTW!!!

Thanks everyone so much!!

So, I guess a Birkin in Vache Liegee is a nice bag that many of you
would be happy with -
I treasure all your opinions very much and it's such a big help since many of
you are very experienced with the leathers.