Vache Hunter

As an owner of the Birkin Sellier, I would have to say that I don't love it nor hate it.. it is a really fragile piece and I dont think vache hunter would age as well as something like a BBK (my next item on the list). Especially with no lining and the extra stiffness, the leather tends to get dented easily if the bag is bent i feel.. But this birkin is a really rare bird (to my knowledge at least) and it took 3 years for my store to find one so I don't regret on purchasing.. definitely not a workhorse bag I would say... but maybe who knows.. the inner Jane Birkin in me might come alive and actually enjoy the signs of wear on my B..I would recommended as a final cow Birkin before u move on to more serious exotic leather!

As an owner of the Birkin Sellier, I would have to say that I don't love it nor hate it.. it is a really fragile piece and I dont think vache hunter would age as well as something like a BBK (my next item on the list). Especially with no lining and the extra stiffness, the leather tends to get dented easily if the bag is bent i feel.. But this birkin is a really rare bird (to my knowledge at least) and it took 3 years for my store to find one so I don't regret on purchasing.. definitely not a workhorse bag I would say... but maybe who knows.. the inner Jane Birkin in me might come alive and actually enjoy the signs of wear on my B..I would recommended as a final cow Birkin before u move on to more serious exotic leather!

It *is* quite rare because someone reliable told me the next Birkin Sellier will only come in black box, lined, and in size 35 and 30. I'm not sure they will make another 40. I hope they do, though. A 40 Birkin Sellier in rouge H vache hunter sounds incredible.

It *is* quite rare because someone reliable told me the next Birkin Sellier will only come in black box, lined, and in size 35 and 30. I'm not sure they will make another 40. I hope they do, though. A 40 Birkin Sellier in rouge H vache hunter sounds incredible.

I would personally wait for the 35 Box Sellier B! That sounds amazing!

Last edited:
It looks to me like a stiff leather that you need to take care of in the early years to avoid creases and the like
BUT
as it becomes more supple (I choose the word carefully) with use, it will become more and more robust and resilient,
improving with age, developing that special quality that mature leather acquires.

Reactions: DR2014 and allanrvj
omg! why don't I have a husband like yours? I'm so jealous! this is pretty! congrats! did he know you wanted it?
omg! why don't I have a husband like yours? I'm so jealous! this is pretty! congrats! did he know you wanted it?
Thank you!!!!! He asked what I wanted for my bday and I told him about an H leather bracelet I wanted, and I gave home my wonderful SA's info. She showed him the bag... I am in shock and so thrilled!!

Reactions: TankerToad