Travel Vacation ideas

Lv-nowwhat

drive LV
O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Hello I am from the US every year my mother and I travel to Europe-last year we went to Amsterdam and Athens. We go for about 10 days. This year we are going to Budapest and ??? We like tours museums(modern),fun shops and housewares.I was thinking Krakow my mother says Venice again(this will be third time) What do you think? Any ideas are interesting.......(I have been to Prague,brussels italy london spain to name a few):P

I would not do as part of the same trip as Bratislava but have you been to Barcelona? It has great modern art museums (plus you can take a side trip to Figueres to see Dali museum) and architecture, good night life and, if you know where you are going, good restaurants. Shopping is good, too.

If you do go to Krakow, be sure to visit salt mines. And it is not fun but I would strongly encourage you to see Auschwitz concentration camp while you are in the area. It's an unforgetable experience and what a reminder.

It all depends on how far you want to travel from Budapest. Vienna is nearby and lovely but if you are willing to travel far you have a lot of places in Italy besides Venice ;)

Summer is a great time to visit Scandinavia. We've really enjoyed our time in Sweden, I've also heard great things about Norway. You might also consider visiting Berlin. It's young and fun, great energy but I am not sure your mom will like it.

If I were you, I would start by looking at what are the easiest cities to get to from Bratislava, you don't want to spend too much time flying. Here is a list of budget airlines that fly from Bratislava http://www.low-cost-airline-guide.com/en/cheap_flights_from_Bratislava.htm

Thanks for all I think we are going to budapest and krakow whats the cheapest travel between the 2 or a cheap flight. Also what is a must see .. We love museums and sightseeing, shopping for odds and ends prada, and lv.Household items and art. We will not spend to much of our time shopping anything real cool to see besides what the guidebooks say?