Vacation - don't bring LV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa...I think those are the types of locks that my mom told me to avoid using...they may think I have something that I want to hide in there and work on opening the lock right away :lol:

I will probably use something similar to an LV padlock (not LV though). Semi-secure (gives me a peace of mind) but not so big that it looks...uhhh...like I'm trying to hide something. :lol:

Uh... I don't get it...

Uh... I don't get it...

If you meant you don't get why I wouldn't use a more secure lock, it's because officers randomly open luggage to CHECK them. Now if the lock is too hard to open, they won't give up, they'll force it really hard, break the lock, and possibly damage my luggage. And I don't want my luggage damaged.

If I use a little padlock, it will be easier for inspection officers to open, but will take a thief a little more effort than just opening unlocked luggage.

Get it now?

If you meant you don't get why I wouldn't use a more secure lock, it's because officers randomly open luggage to CHECK them. Now if the lock is too hard to open, they won't give up, they'll force it really hard, break the lock, and possibly damage my luggage. And I don't want my luggage damaged.

If I use a little padlock, it will be easier for inspection officers to open, but will take a thief a little more effort than just opening unlocked luggage.

Get it now?

Ah, you misunderstood the lock. This lock is designed for easy opening and closing for the officers. So if you have this lock, only the officers can open up your luggage but not thieves.

Ah, you misunderstood the lock. This lock is designed for easy opening and closing for the officers. So if you have this lock, only the officers can open up your luggage but not thieves.

Is it? Hmmm sorry about that, I thought you were confused at my confusion...LOL. Okay let me take one more good look at that.

The red/green sounds cool, but $20 is hefty for a lock! I may get one though...thanks! *smacks self for temporary stupidity*

I wonder how it works though...? how does the indicator change colour? How come it's easier for officers to open?? I am very very curious.

I wonder how it works though...? how does the indicator change colour? How come it's easier for officers to open?? I am very very curious.

No worries :smile:

The only logic way to see this is that the manufacturer of this product gangs up with the officers, and the officers are given a special set of keys, which somehow triggers the mechanical part inside the lock to produce the red signal.

I think it'll worth $20, for the fact that it can be re-used many many many times (instead of the normal once being cut open during luggage checks LOL)

Sorry, if my post triggered you to even be more...angry :weird:

Notice how she said SOME. SOME...not all. To me, some can mean half of the people there, a large group of people there, or maybe just a couple people there. Maybe she's dealt with people like that before. She's Chinese herself, it's not like she is criticizing of a total different group of people.

And yes, I am from Hong Kong.

Why can't you believe that I don't find that statement ignorant?
I do not have the same personality as you, I probably wasn't raised the same way as you, we probably received different education, I hang out with different people and can tolerate "mean" comments...why would I have to find a statement you find offensive, offensive? I'm sure if certain jokes were told, you'd find some of the ones I find offensive actually quite amusing. :shrugs:

And when I said you need to know CEC better before calling her ignorant, I really meant it. She speaks her mind, and most forum members on here respect that ;)

And please, don't call anyone here ignorant...that's not very polite. If you object to something another member says, express it in a different way, no need to get all offended and call someone ignorant. :flowers:

I wasn't particularly offended, haha, I think I am proud of being Chinese and I wouldn't let someone bad mouth my own race. Haha... I make mean comments and jokes all the time... with my friends, who will know I am joking. Her comment wasn't meant to be a joke. It was more her limited observation.

Look at it this way if she said this instead:
" "Ughhhh.... if you want to bring your LVs, then stuff them in your luggage, don't carry them around cuz when some black people see that you have LVs, they can become really rude, scary and......odd........ eg. they try to mooch money off of ya......."

Notice the only word I replaced was Chinese with black. Yeah, I think people would have much more of a problem with that... don't you think?

Her being Asian really means nothing. Many Chinese/Taiwanese/Japanese/Korean/Vietnamese/Thai etc. are racist against other Asians.

Also, I am not saying she is ignorant, but nonetheless the comment itself was extremely ignorant, which reflects badly upon the person who made it.

Anyway, I carried a mono Alzer, a Super President, and a Keepall the last time I went to Hong Kong in 2005 and had no problems at the airport entering or leaving the country. Sure, people stared, but I think LV makes people stare in general. But maybe I was just lucky in terms of customs...

I wasn't particularly offended, haha, I think I am proud of being Chinese and I wouldn't let someone bad mouth my own race. Haha... I make mean comments and jokes all the time... with my friends, who will know I am joking. Her comment wasn't meant to be a joke. It was more her limited observation.

Look at it this way if she said this instead:
" "Ughhhh.... if you want to bring your LVs, then stuff them in your luggage, don't carry them around cuz when some black people see that you have LVs, they can become really rude, scary and......odd........ eg. they try to mooch money off of ya......."

Notice the only word I replaced was Chinese with black. Yeah, I think people would have much more of a problem with that... don't you think?

Her being Asian really means nothing. Many Chinese/Taiwanese/Japanese/Korean/Vietnamese/Thai etc. are racist against other Asians.

Also, I am not saying she is ignorant, but nonetheless the comment itself was extremely ignorant, which reflects badly upon the person who made it.

Anyway, I carried a mono Alzer, a Super President, and a Keepalll the last time I went to Hong Kong in 2005 and had no problems at the airport entering or leaving the country. Sure, people stared, but I think LV makes people stare in general. But maybe I was just lucky in terms of customs...

You just implicitly called CEC ignorant again...you should really stop now, please.

Her being Asian means nothing eh? You just said that many Asians are racist against their own kind. Yes, I find that less offensive than if she really did type "black" instead of "Chinese", but she's an Asian talking about Asians. In this context from my view it's not as serious as if she did type black and was racist against some other group. I mean, I am Chinese and didn't find it offensive.

I already said I didn't find it ignorant, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but I'm just going to end it here, because you're simply going to continue calling her ignorant, which is, as I've said many times before, unnecessary for me to hear.
If you find it ignorant, that's your business.

Thanks for your replies.

No worries :smile:

The only logic way to see this is that the manufacturer of this product gangs up with the officers, and the officers are given a special set of keys, which somehow triggers the mechanical part inside the lock to produce the red signal.

I think it'll worth $20, for the fact that it can be re-used many many many times (instead of the normal once being cut open during luggage checks LOL)

Makes sense...I just read about these locks being cut anyway...but I think I'll definitely buy a couple for my boyfriend and I--thanks! :flowers:

I think that Chinese people are really harsh on their race. When Rosie O'Donnel made that racist comment on "The View" recently, it took a while for angry Chinese people to be heard and she FINALLY apologized but it took 10x as long as if she had made the comment about a different minority. (She said something that included ching chong ching chong)...
When the first baby born in 2007 was denied the award because her mom was an illegal immigrant (the award is for the BABY not the mom)...it took a while for Chinese people to speak up and ToysR US FINALLY gave them the award.

I feel bad because aluminum siren is the only person who picked up on this and was offended enough to reply. I know CEC was trying to help Karman but why is no one defending aluminum siren?

You just implicitly called CEC ignorant again...you should really stop now, please.

Her being Asian means nothing eh? You just said that many Asians are racist against their own kind. Yes, I find that less offensive than if she really did type "black" instead of "Chinese", but she's an Asian talking about Asians. In this context from my view it's not as serious as if she did type black and was racist against some other group. I mean, I am Chinese and didn't find it offensive.

I already said I didn't find it ignorant, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but I'm just going to end it here, because you're simply going to continue calling her ignorant, which is, as I've said many times before, unnecessary for me to hear.
If you find it ignorant, that's your business.

Thanks for your replies.

OT-Karman when you changed your signature pix? the Miror pochette is stunning, but i guess this cheery cherry blossom is for this spring? Just go and enjoy your trip, there's only so many you can do to ensure a fun trip, leave the custom to luck:smile: have any of your family face custom problems b/c of LV? as you said, one can get questioned just about anything for anyreason, so relax!

Defend him for? If anything, I think people should be defending the people who CEC referred to as mooching money off of people...but that's not necessary, because I know she didn't really mean it.

I only defended CEC simply because he called her ignorant. If he didn't do that, I probably wouldn't have said anything, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.