Vacation / Cruise / Beach Suggestions...

Rhayne

Jan 27, 2012
I'm going on a cruise to Bermuda for vacation. This will be my second time going to Bermuda. Last time I only wore polish on my toes and didn't use a top coat. By the time I got home I only had polish on my big toes. I want to wear something this year on my nails since I've grown them out but I can't decide. By the way, all of this ships pools are salt water, one is heavy salt water because it's a therapy pool and we do spend a ton of time on the beach once we get there.

Should I wear a color or just go with a clear coat? I was thinking of just wearing Essie's Mademoiselle and a clear top coat. So if it were to wear off you wouldn't notice as much.

Either way I'll be taking a clear nail strengthener along with me in case of breaks/cracks.

Any one have any suggestions or tried and true answers?

I'm going on a cruise to Bermuda for vacation. This will be my second time going to Bermuda. Last time I only wore polish on my toes and didn't use a top coat. By the time I got home I only had polish on my big toes. I want to wear something this year on my nails since I've grown them out but I can't decide. By the way, all of this ships pools are salt water, one is heavy salt water because it's a therapy pool and we do spend a ton of time on the beach once we get there.

Should I wear a color or just go with a clear coat? I was thinking of just wearing Essie's Mademoiselle and a clear top coat. So if it were to wear off you wouldn't notice as much.

Either way I'll be taking a clear nail strengthener along with me in case of breaks/cracks.

Any one have any suggestions or tried and true answers?

LUCKY!! Bermuda is Beautiful and cruising there is great too(I was on a small ship so got to dock at Hamilton and St George when I went). If you have not already make sure you hit times Square in St George when they do the little historical show. Funny as heck to see the guy picked out of the crowd placed in a stockade with a sign saying drunkard on it. As well the follow up with the Miss labeled a "nag" dunked in the drink from that big contraption. Interesting how they used to punish things. The big clock in the Square is pretty impressive too.

As far as what to wear.... I just got back from a cruise and happened to have a mini of OPI Stay the night. I picked it because with a single coat of "sticky" basecoat and 2 coats of this "sand" polish I knew they hold up and hold on well. I also took the mini bottle with me for touchup's and since it is a sand it doesn't show if you fix a chip. It all looks bumpy and dull with a glitter shine.

My thought to you would be see if you have any mini's that appeal and get your hands on a mini bottle of top coat at minimum. If you can't find one you can pack full sizes. Or if you want a mini buy maybe a cheap mini at Sally's or what not and then pour out the polish and clean out the bottle with remover before adding in a nice helping of your topcoat or polish.

LUCKY!! Bermuda is Beautiful and cruising there is great too(I was on a small ship so got to dock at Hamilton and St George when I went). If you have not already make sure you hit times Square in St George when they do the little historical show. Funny as heck to see the guy picked out of the crowd placed in a stockade with a sign saying drunkard on it. As well the follow up with the Miss labeled a "nag" dunked in the drink from that big contraption. Interesting how they used to punish things. The big clock in the Square is pretty impressive too.

As far as what to wear.... I just got back from a cruise and happened to have a mini of OPI Stay the night. I picked it because with a single coat of "sticky" basecoat and 2 coats of this "sand" polish I knew they hold up and hold on well. I also took the mini bottle with me for touchup's and since it is a sand it doesn't show if you fix a chip. It all looks bumpy and dull with a glitter shine.

My thought to you would be see if you have any mini's that appeal and get your hands on a mini bottle of top coat at minimum. If you can't find one you can pack full sizes. Or if you want a mini buy maybe a cheap mini at Sally's or what not and then pour out the polish and clean out the bottle with remover before adding in a nice helping of your topcoat or polish.

Sadly our last time in Bermuda we totally missed going to St. George. We just never made it over to that side of the island. LOL. Which is funny because of how darn small the island is to begin with.

I only have one textured polish (Sally Hansen Sugar Shimmer in Work of Tart). I actually have it on today for the first time and I have to say I hate it. I'll never buy another textured polish. Just not my cup of tea. But I do understand what you meant about not noticing touch ups. I dont mind bringing full bottles with me on the cruise. I live near the port so I'm not flying, so i have no worry about bottles in my luggage.

Sadly our last time in Bermuda we totally missed going to St. George. We just never made it over to that side of the island. LOL. Which is funny because of how darn small the island is to begin with.

I only have one textured polish (Sally Hansen Sugar Shimmer in Work of Tart). I actually have it on today for the first time and I have to say I hate it. I'll never buy another textured polish. Just not my cup of tea. But I do understand what you meant about not noticing touch ups. I dont mind bringing full bottles with me on the cruise. I live near the port so I'm not flying, so i have no worry about bottles in my luggage.

Try the OPI or Zoya before you swear off the textured. I HATE the SH Sugar coats and ones like it, but the OPI and Zoya have great dimension to them and the texture is matte and rouch rather then that shiney bumpy looks like you put on old clumpy polish look that SH brings.

If there are no issues with size just pick your favorite color and wear it and touch up when you have a few minutes, just make sure of the open toed shoes for toes and fast dry top coat so that you don't have to wait long to dry. Heck sometimes I even bring remover and put on a different color on vacation because I want something else.

Definately get in St George this time. There are some forts over there too. If you take the Islands shuttle ferry it should not be to hard to get there and back time effectively

Try the OPI or Zoya before you swear off the textured. I HATE the SH Sugar coats and ones like it, but the OPI and Zoya have great dimension to them and the texture is matte and rouch rather then that shiney bumpy looks like you put on old clumpy polish look that SH brings.

If there are no issues with size just pick your favorite color and wear it and touch up when you have a few minutes, just make sure of the open toed shoes for toes and fast dry top coat so that you don't have to wait long to dry. Heck sometimes I even bring remover and put on a different color on vacation because I want something else.

Definately get in St George this time. There are some forts over there too. If you take the Islands shuttle ferry it should not be to hard to get there and back time effectively

I just don't like the look or anything of textured polishes. I think they look pretty in pics online but i like my nails smooth and shiny. Personal preference I guess. I only got the SH Sugar Shimmer because it was heavily clearanced at Target.

Thinking about it now I might do my toes in Mademoiselle so if it comes off it won't be noticeable and for my fingers i'll bring whatever color i decide on and touch up if needed. Theres is always a little downtime in the room.

We'll definitely go to St. George. THere are a few things we missed out on last time that we'll make up for this time. Do you have any other suggestions for Bermuda? Feel free to PM me. :smile:

I ended up having to getting a mani on the boat during my last cruise a couple months ago. It wasn't a bad gig getting pampered :smile: my gel was chipping and I wasn't prepared to fix it myself.