USPS Warning for honest sellers

Mittens34

Aug 18, 2007
Newport Coast, California
I just received a $1,200 handbag from Yoogis Closet(they are the best online store). My post office put a signature confirmation note in my Po Box yesterday and I had to wait in line to sign for it. I waited for over an hour, while they ran all over the post office and they could not find it. I asked them how can they lose my package when they put a signature confirmation notice in my PO Box. I asked them why they don't note where they put packages that need to be signed. They did not have an answer for that. :nuts:The Post master told me that he would call me at the end of the day and let me know if they found my handbag. I had also picked up 5 other boxes that my post office had left for me in my PO Box yesterday morning and I had to put those boxes in my car. I then when back inside to wait in line to sign for my handbag. When I got home and opened the boxes I was so happy, because there was my handbag. I called my Post Master and told him that I was so happy that the box was just put in my PO Box with my other packages, but this package had signature confirmation and it should not have just been put in my PO Box. Any dishonest person, could have lied and said they never got the package.

Mittens34

Aug 18, 2007
I have also had this happen to me as a seller. I always pay extra for signature confirmation and insurance on my high end items and many times the post office will not even get signatures. This is so upsetting, because there are so many dishonest buyers on ebay.

Kansashalo

D
O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
In the south
Some carriers get lack. One time recently, I was expecting a package that I KNEW required a signature (it was high dollar item too). Well I popped online to check the status and it says that it was signed and delivered to my home - which was impossible since I was at work! Some I'm wondering "who on earth signed for and took my package"? :mad:

So I get home and thankfully my package was there so I just assumed that the carrier marked it as signed because he didn't want to take it back to the the truck - I have no clue.

Mittens34

Aug 18, 2007
Some carriers get lack. One time recently, I was expecting a package that I KNEW required a signature (it was high dollar item too). Well I popped online to check the status and it says that it was signed and delivered to my home - which was impossible since I was at work! Some I'm wondering "who on earth signed for and took my package"? :mad:

So I get home and thankfully my package was there so I just assumed that the carrier marked it as signed because he didn't want to take it back to the the truck - I have no clue.
OMG. I would be so mad if my carrier had signed for my package!!! I'm so glad your package was there. My Post Master even told me that he knows that postal workers steal items and there is not much they can do about it. He said right now they have many temporary postal workers and they don't have cameras inside of my post office. This did not make me feel any better. It makes me feel like the postal service could care less if our packages get lost or stolen.

meandmylouis

Washington,DC
O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
Amsterdam-Bali-Jakarta
OMG. I would be so mad if my carrier had signed for my package!!! I'm so glad your package was there. My Post Master even told me that he knows that postal workers steal items and there is not much they can do about it. He said right now they have many temporary postal workers and they don't have cameras inside of my post office. This did not make me feel any better. It makes me feel like the postal service could care less if our packages get lost or stolen.
Correct, seems like they do not care if our package get stolen.
You must protect your self, insured every packages we send, and print that scan form.

joyceluvsbags

Apr 1, 2010
400 Degreez
Here is my lovely experience with USPS: We sell stuff on ebay and always put insurance and sig conf.! So a client emails me asking for his package, I research and I find some one signed for it! Upon further investigation and many phone calls to USPS, we find that the mail carrier signed for it and must have put it in the wrong box.
Well turns out the mail carrier is now on maternity leave and she should have never signed for it and no one can reach her and when I filled a USPS insurance claim, it was denied because it shows signed and delivered!

Just to let you all know that even if you get every possible option thru USPS to protect yourselves, if the carrier decides to sign for it and leave it at your door step or whatever and some one takes it or goes missing, your insurance claim will be denied and your SOL!

IrisCole

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Michigan
www.nikitajade.etsy.com
Here is my lovely experience with USPS: We sell stuff on ebay and always put insurance and sig conf.! So a client emails me asking for his package, I research and I find some one signed for it! Upon further investigation and many phone calls to USPS, we find that the mail carrier signed for it and must have put it in the wrong box.
Well turns out the mail carrier is now on maternity leave and she should have never signed for it and no one can reach her and when I filled a USPS insurance claim, it was denied because it shows signed and delivered!

Just to let you all know that even if you get every possible option thru USPS to protect yourselves, if the carrier decides to sign for it and leave it at your door step or whatever and some one takes it or goes missing, your insurance claim will be denied and your SOL!
Did you fight that?? I absolutely would have - who's to say that the carrier didn't sign for it and then keep it? I would think that this kind of practice could open USPS up to all kinds of issues and law suits for mail fraud. Not only could a carrier not prove that they didn't steal the parcel, but technically USPS would be charging you for a service that they then didn't provide.

Black Elite

the pen is my sword
O.G.
Nov 22, 2010
London

USPS signature confirmation is useless. I live on a relatively new street, and on the other side of the woods, the street name differs from mine because it is "Qrst Uvwxyz Parkway," and my street is called "Qrst Uvwxyz Way." Anyways, our mail gets delivered to my same number, but on Parkway at LEAST once a week. I was waiting for a USPS package, it was insured for the full amount, and I'm obsessively checking the tracking. First, no one was home so it wasn't delivered. OK, I thought, but I didn't see the form. I went to the PO and they told me the truck may be out, come back later. Next day, I see it has been SIGNED for! After a minor freakout, I go over to the Parkway (they have my phone number, but never bothered to call after an entire weekend), and I find out they have it, and even opened it! :amazed:

You would think I'd get to know these neighbors since we're always exchanging mail.... But the relationship doesn't go beyond that. But yeah, USPS fails often.

echo_23

O.G.
Oct 2, 2006
Houston
Good warning.

I was recently a victim of a buyer doing exactly that. In the end, they got the item and a full refund for it. I reported them for mail fraud and hope karma will play out in the end :smile:

Kansashalo

D
O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
In the south

Goodness I thought my experience was a fluke but it seems it happens more than i realize.

SWlife

For the love of beautiful things
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
New Mexico
Well this is nerve-wracking.... I will be glad when my package gets here safely. I will worry until it's in my hands.
Echo, I hope your situation gets resolved.

knightal

Jun 6, 2010
I shipped something out on Wed morning and on Saturday, when I checked the status, it says:

Delivery status not updated as of December 11, 2010, 11:02 pm
Out for Delivery, December 11, 2010, 9:02 am, City, State, Zip

What does it mean? Does it mean it was delivered but the mailman forgot to scan it?