USPS tracking not scanned in

saintgermain

Celine addict
Feb 20, 2012
I always stand in line at the post office to have them give me a receipt of Ebay items I send out.

Today I did what I usually do: print out the label in Paypal and then stand in line to have them scan it in.

I received the receipt, however when I check USPS online, it does not show the items scanned in. WTF?

I always stand in line at the post office to have them give me a receipt of Ebay items I send out.

Today I did what I usually do: print out the label in Paypal and then stand in line to have them scan it in.

I received the receipt, however when I check USPS online, it does not show the items scanned in. WTF?

It can take several hours to show up, sometimes an entire day.

I've had it take up till the next day to show up as scanned.

I've had it take several days before. I asked my postman about it, and he said sometimes it just takes a while to show up. I actually ended up calling eBay to ask them about it, because I was worried I would get a defect or whatever for supposedly not shipping it (since it wasn't showing as scanned). They said as long as it show up eventually (within 30 days or whatever), you should be fine.

I did email all of the buyers of the listings who this happened to, just to make sure they were aware that the item was in fact shipped. The shipping status updated on all the listings eventually, although some didn't update until they were out for delivery.

Many of my items don't get scanned until 2 or 3 days later, especially those that I send first class. My local post office has a policy of not scanning items immediately. The first time they show up in tracking is when they go to the sort facility.

I've noticed that they scan it when they feel like scanning it.

I took a few packages down to my local Post Office on Saturday, August 29th to ship. As usual, I waited in line for them to be scanned. Since it was Saturday, they were overly busy and the line was long. When I approached the counter, the employee just took my packages and stacked them on top of a plethora of other packages. I explained that I waited in line for nearly an hour for them to be scanned, as required by eBay. She refused and said they no longer scan them as they're dropped off. I spoke with the supervisor and received the same response.

All of my packages eventually showed as scanned, except for one. It got scanned on Sunday as an "Acceptance Scan." I received a defect on my acct. for this and it really upset me, as I purposely waited in this extremely long line to get them scanned.

On Monday, after noticing my defect due to" tracking not being uploaded within handling time", I called eBay.

I spoke with someone in China and expressed my frustration with this defect, since I had done everything right. I asked the Rep how the USPS scan could show an "Acceptance" on Sunday when they're not even open. This Rep wasn't aware that the USPS wasn't open on Sundays and transferred me to someone in India, which was a joke because they weren't aware of US Postal Offices being closed on Sundays either, or that Monday was a Holiday. (Labor Day) I once again got transferred to someone in China and went through the same conversation all over again.

I was finally transferred to someone within the US. He knew exactly what I was talking about and said that I shouldn't be receiving a defect in this situation and tried to manually remove it. Apparently, the scenario didn't fit into any of the codes they use to remove defects. He apologized profusely, said it wasn't fair and that he'd bring up this issue during a meeting in the up-coming week.

Much to my surprise, this defect was removed from my acct. during the next week.

I've since tried using other local Post Offices for shipping my packages and was told they're following the same protocol of not scanning packages at the counter any longer. I'm sure that there are other sellers in my situation, what are we supposed to do?

USPS has gotten to be quite frustrating, to say the least.

I took a few packages down to my local Post Office on Saturday, August 29th to ship. As usual, I waited in line for them to be scanned. Since it was Saturday, they were overly busy and the line was long. When I approached the counter, the employee just took my packages and stacked them on top of a plethora of other packages. I explained that I waited in line for nearly an hour for them to be scanned, as required by eBay. She refused and said they no longer scan them as they're dropped off. I spoke with the supervisor and received the same response.

All of my packages eventually showed as scanned, except for one. It got scanned on Sunday as an "Acceptance Scan." I received a defect on my acct. for this and it really upset me, as I purposely waited in this extremely long line to get them scanned.

On Monday, after noticing my defect due to" tracking not being uploaded within handling time", I called eBay.

I spoke with someone in China and expressed my frustration with this defect, since I had done everything right. I asked the Rep how the USPS scan could show an "Acceptance" on Sunday when they're not even open. This Rep wasn't aware that the USPS wasn't open on Sundays and transferred me to someone in India, which was a joke because they weren't aware of US Postal Offices being closed on Sundays either, or that Monday was a Holiday. (Labor Day) I once again got transferred to someone in China and went through the same conversation all over again.

I was finally transferred to someone within the US. He knew exactly what I was talking about and said that I shouldn't be receiving a defect in this situation and tried to manually remove it. Apparently, the scenario didn't fit into any of the codes they use to remove defects. He apologized profusely, said it wasn't fair and that he'd bring up this issue during a meeting in the up-coming week.

Much to my surprise, this defect was removed from my acct. during the next week.

I've since tried using other local Post Offices for shipping my packages and was told they're following the same protocol of not scanning packages at the counter any longer. I'm sure that there are other sellers in my situation, what are we supposed to do?

I used to move around a lot and still travel frequently, so I have experience with tons of different locations of USPS. I find that most of them are terrible, but there are occasional good ones. I would try several post offices that are within reasonable distance from your home, sometimes not getting treated poorly is worth going slightly out of your way for. Right now I drive twice the distance to a USPS several towns over because they scan things usually (this is the first time something weird happened)

The way it was explained to me is that when they scan it at the post office (as accepted), the scans are held in their computer system and they don't actually update until the close of business when all the scans and sales within the computer system are downloaded.

The way it was explained to me is that when they scan it at the post office (as accepted), the scans are held in their computer system and they don't actually update until the close of business when all the scans and sales within the computer system are downloaded.

I did go to the post office 30 minutes before they closed, so maybe the issue is they did not update today at the end of the business day. Thank you for explaining, BB

I've had defects show up on my dashboard for the same thing. The person I spoke to at ebay was in the US and he said that it would correct itself in a few days after their system caught up. He was right.

BTW I've never had my calls to ebay redirected to India or China. I wonder why. Could it be because I'm in California?

I've had defects show up on my dashboard for the same thing. The person I spoke to at ebay was in the US and he said that it would correct itself in a few days after their system caught up. He was right.

BTW I've never had my calls to ebay redirected to India or China. I wonder why. Could it be because I'm in California?

I have no idea why, but consider yourself fortunate!

It's a waste of time when you're redirected to India or China. They always seems absolutely clueless about eBay policy and speak as if they're reading from a script.

I have no idea why, but consider yourself fortunate!

It's a waste of time when you're redirected to India or China. They always seems absolutely clueless about eBay policy and speak as if they're reading from a script.
Are you implying that those in the US aren't clueless? I hope not! I think most are clueless! :roflmfao: