USPS to UK Mystery

impulsive_

Aug 4, 2007
So I purchased a pair of boots on US ebay last week and the seller sent them via USPS over here to the UK by Express Mail International. Her communication has been great and she sent me the tracking number the day after I paid. However USPS has only updated the tracking once with the following:

Shipping Info Received, January 06, 2009
Processed, January 07, 2009, 7:13 pm, ZIP Code XXXX

So I contacted the seller today and she to has been worried about the package's whereabouts. She contacted USPS and it seems they're not exactly moving at a quick enough pace with their investigation and they're going to contact the UK Postal services. The seller has asked me to contact my UK postal service the problem is I don't know where to begin. I've already entered my tracking number on the Parcelforce website and nothing appears. With Royal Mail there's no way possible of entering an international tracking number. So I'm kind of stuck with a :confused1: expression.

our USPS system has been sucking really bad lately. they dont often update the tracking or transit until the package is delivered and if you look into it in the meantime, you get the runaround with their automated system. i'd advise to just be patient. even with express mail, it can take up to 3 weeks for it to arrive in the UK, depending on customs etc,...

I agree USPS online updates are AWEFUL/nonexistent but the service for delivery is still good.
I'd say give it till the end of the week to show up on parcelforce.com

I would wait a few more days as well before the information appears on Parcelforce.com. It can take up to seven working days for the site to be updated. Don't worry I'm sure your parcel will arrive soon!

Ok update, USPS updated it just a little while ago and it seems it was held up and just left New York today.

International Dispatch, January 13, 2009, 1:05 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

So you ladies were right. Thanks for the swift responses, advice and help.

When you track on ParcelForce, make sure you check the box that says incoming parcel (or something like that). I'm in the US and that's what I have to do to track packages I send to the UK. Total time from door to door should be somewhere around 11 days (that's been my experience at least). Good luck! Hopefully your boots will reach you soon.