USPS question-TIA!

Hessefan

O.G.
Sep 14, 2009
I bought a bag on Ebay and got a USPS tracking number, so have been following it, The seller was great and shipped it asap, and it entered customs and cleared customs in the UK.
But I don't understand the latest info, so was wondering if anyone can decipher it for me. It looks as though delivery was attempted, but I was in all day and no deliverey here, nor did they leave a note. Who would I contact in this scenario?

This is what it says:

Attempted Delivery Abroad, February 04, 2010, 5:55 am, GREAT BRITAIN

At Foreign Delivery Unit, February 04, 2010, 1:47 am, GREAT BRITAIN
Out of Foreign Customs, February 03, 2010, 11:19 am, GREAT BRITAIN
Into Foreign Customs, January 29, 2010, 11:36 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
Arrived Abroad, January 29, 2010, 11:12 pm, GREAT BRITAIN

Also, 5:55am? They don't deliver that early, or is that US time?

Thank you! I didn't know you could track USPS numbers on Parcelforce.:nuts: Apparently it's been sitting at my local depot since yesterday, but they haven't given me a note with the charges yet and are now closed. Oh well, at least it's here.

Glad you found where your bag.
The same here in the US-I argue constantly with my buyers (when the tracking I checked stated that they attempted to delivered and notice was left) that the mail carrier left a notice (I even described how that notice look like, etc) but turned out in most cases the mail carrier did not left a notice or anything! I found it out happened to my self in a couple of occasions.
If I can avoid it, I DO NOT ship with USPS.

Thank you! I didn't know you could track USPS numbers on Parcelforce.:nuts: Apparently it's been sitting at my local depot since yesterday, but they haven't given me a note with the charges yet and are now closed. Oh well, at least it's here.

This is good to know!! I sent a bag to UK, got there and through customs very quickly. They tried to deliver twice on the second (no indication of notice left), and nothing since. I will email my buyer and tell her to check with her local depot, since it is likely sitting there and neither of us knew it, lol!! Very helpful info!

Attempted Delivery Abroad, February 04, 2010, 5:55 am, GREAT BRITAIN

Sometimes the delivery refers to the local post office not your home. It usually means that you will get it in a day or so depending on whether it is sorted and put on a route that day or the next

You should get a letter from parcelforce re the charges, usually takes about 2 days, or you could ring your local depo tomorrow before noon, pay over the phone and get the bag delivered on Monday.

This is good to know!! I sent a bag to UK, got there and through customs very quickly. They tried to deliver twice on the second (no indication of notice left), and nothing since. I will email my buyer and tell her to check with her local depot, since it is likely sitting there and neither of us knew it, lol!! Very helpful info!

VERY helpful information since I just sent a package to the UK this week. I will also send the Parcelforce link to her. Many Thanks tPFers!!
:ty: