USPS Question (disappearing package)

DivineMissM

Feb 5, 2009
This is not eBay related, but I wasn't sure where else to post it. I ordered some custom calendars (to be given as Christmas gifts) about 2 weeks ago. I hadn't received them yet, so I checked the tracking info on usps.com. It says the package was delivered on Dec. 8th. I'm home pretty much all day, every day and never saw a sticker on the door or anything. So I went to the apartment office to check if it's there, they looked all over, nothing. They checked the log book where they log in every package they receive, nothing. The tracking info doesn't say WHERE it was delivered, so I don't know where the mail carrier left it. I tried calling USPS just now, and got nowhere. I also tried calling the PO nearest to my house, but no one answered (I'm assuming they're pretty busy today). I have to go up there in a little while to mail a package, so I'll ask then but in the meantime is there any other way to find out where it is??

If your apartment mail center has those package lockers, see if the mail carrier can open them for you to double-check. It's already been almost a week, so chances are that the PO misdelivered it, or that the apt office can't find the package and it's there somewhere (I've run into this before).

Thanks for your suggestions. I figured out part of the problem...it was "delivered" to the wrong address. Two of the numbers got transposed on the label. So I went back to the apt. office to see if whoever got it brought it there, or if they could call the person and see what they did with it. Well, that address doesn't exist. So, since I was going to the PO anyway I figured I'd ask them. After waiting in line for an hour, she (very rudely) told me to go to the carrier annex and gave me the address. Of course, I couldn't find it! Now I'm back home after driving around for 30 minutes, extremely frustrated. I can't get anyone on the phone either (I've been trying all day). I did find the address online, and it's exactly where she told me but for some reason I couldn't find it. I'll try again tomorrow. Cross your fingers that it's there waiting for me!!

I went to the carrier annex this morning and was able to speak to my mail carrier. She said she was off last week, but the person who was working for her sent the package back. When I got home I called the publishing company and they haven't received it yet, but she said they'll ship it back to me when they get it. Not really the answer I was hoping for, but at least the package isn't lost in space. I'm hoping it'll arrive back to me before we leave for Christmas on the 23rd...since the contents of the package were supposed to be Christmas gifts! I'm not really expecting that to happen though. :sad:

Sorry this is happening to you DivineMiss. hope you get your package with the Christmas gifts in time. Keep us informed. I'm sending positive thoughts your way. :smile:

Sorry this is happening to you DivineMiss. hope you get your package with the Christmas gifts in time. Keep us informed. I'm sending positive thoughts your way. :smile:

Thank you! I kind of feel like a freak for being so dramatic about it. It's not like it's a $3k Chanel or anything. But I put so much thought and time into the calendars, and I was so excited to give them. I'm trying to stay optimistic though!